• Current Donation Goals

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Let's be honest, who can you buy these days for £15m ? 

Swansea are selling Mawson for £20m, Mitrovic went for £22m there is talk Liverpool want £20m for Ings......... 

My point exactly. Although Barkley only had six month to go on his contract. But still. 

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Looking good so far don't you think Michael? 

Let's wait and see. With Barkley, everyone has been here before, unfortunately. Nobody will be happier if he proves me wrong, than me.....but it'll take more than a few pre-season appearances for that to happen. 

Jasonb   

I hope I am wrong yet like M.T above expect Barkley's injuries to make a re-occurrence this season.

Jasonb   

Good to see him getting a game for England must be encouraging for him.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Was he any good?

From Phil McNulty.

"It was a more frustrating night for Chelsea's Ross Barkley, given his first England appearance since May 2016 after his recent renaissance.

The 24-year-old produced occasional flashes, especially when driving into the area amid penalty claims when he tangled with Ante Rebic - but too often his game was loose in possession and, perhaps understandably, he looked nervous.

Barkley will hope for another chance to prove he is on his way back to his best after a lost period of his career".

25 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

From Phil McNulty.

"It was a more frustrating night for Chelsea's Ross Barkley, given his first England appearance since May 2016 after his recent renaissance.

The 24-year-old produced occasional flashes, especially when driving into the area amid penalty claims when he tangled with Ante Rebic - but too often his game was loose in possession and, perhaps understandably, he looked nervous.

Barkley will hope for another chance to prove he is on his way back to his best after a lost period of his career".

Sounds like one of his better performances then.

Kezza   

I feel and see similarities between him and Hazard with the way he dribbles the ball and move his body. But I don't know why he is ineffective mostly. I even feel RLC is more adventurous and effective. I don't know what is this little renaissance people are speaking of. He's constantly playing a reserve role to Kovacic a loan player, so far.

Edited by Kezza

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

I feel and see similarities between him and Hazard with the way he dribbles the ball and move his body. But I don't know why he is ineffective mostly. I even feel RLC is more adventurous and effective. I don't know what is this little renaissance people are speaking of. He's constantly playing a reserve role to Kovacic a loan player, so far.

People are talking of him improving because expectations were too low. For me, he is a player that is handy to have about for the CM5/6 slot and was cheap at £15m. The hype in the media is because we have no one in the England squad who is capable of playing his position so they need to build him up so they can knock him down in 2020. 

Edited by Conte Kante