• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup Semi Final  against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 10th January, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Interesting one this, semi final of cup competition and so not to be sniffed at, but equally it's the first of 5 games in 2 weeks, thanks to the Norwich mess and also after said mess, it's unlikely Conte will be playing his back up players any time soon... So how many of the regular team do you play before what will be a tricky Leicester game at the weekend? Personally I expect and hope to see:

Caballero

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Kante Drinkwater Alonso

Willian Morata Hazard

Subs: Eduardo, Luiz, Kenedy, Fabregas, Musonda, Pedro, Batshuayi

Then against Leicester I would go with:

Courtois,

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Zappacosta Fabregas Kante Drinkwater Alonso

Hazard Morata

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Moses, Bakayoko, Barkley (if fit), Pedro, Willian

I think Bakayoko needs some games out the team for his sake as much as the teams and I think thats enough rotation ahead of Norwich and then Brighton who we can rest players in again.

We can and must make a point against Arsenal, they are there for the taking, especially if Wenger rotates as he done in previous rounds.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Interesting one this, semi final of cup competition and so not to be sniffed at, but equally it's the first of 5 games in 2 weeks, thanks to the Norwich mess and also after said mess, it's unlikely Conte will be playing his back up players any time soon... So how many of the regular team do you play before what will be a tricky Leicester game at the weekend? Personally I expect and hope to see:

Caballero

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Kante Drinkwater Alonso

Willian Morata Hazard

Subs: Eduardo, Luiz, Kenedy, Fabregas, Musonda, Pedro, Batshuayi

Then against Leicester I would go with:

Courtois,

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Zappacosta Fabregas Kante Drinkwater Alonso

Hazard Morata

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Moses, Bakayoko, Barkley (if fit), Pedro, Willian

I think Bakayoko needs some games out the team for his sake as much as the teams and I think thats enough rotation ahead of Norwich and then Brighton who we can rest players in again.

We can and must make a point against Arsenal, they are there for the taking, especially if Wenger rotates as he done in previous rounds.

I imagine Wenger is less likely to rotate much now that Forest have knocked them out of the FA Cup. We should field our strongest side and take the game to them.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I imagine Wenger is less likely to rotate much now that Forest have knocked them out of the FA Cup. We should field our strongest side and take the game to them.

Have to agree, Bob. Maybe for both clubs, this is their best chance for a trophy this season? Anyway, I'm expecting 2 teams close to full strength at the very least.

Lets batter them and use home advantage to our advantage. 6-0 to Chelsea with Morata scoring an hat trick. Wenger walks off crying and resigns the day after with Arsenal appointing Allardyce as his replacement.

Edited by CostaTheBlue

Ham   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

name change request - TorresTheBlue to MorataTheBlue   :)

Did you inadvertently request this under the wrong profile? 

😉

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Did you inadvertently request this under the wrong profile? 

😉

No - I guess you haven't been around long enough to remember.

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Have to agree, Bob. Maybe for both clubs, this is their best chance for a trophy this season? Anyway, I'm expecting 2 teams close to full strength at the very least.

History shows that AW will pick his reserves. Would be amazed if he didn't

He is quite adament that the fizzy drinks cup is for kids / reserves.

Jasonb   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

History shows that AW will pick his reserves. Would be amazed if he didn't

He is quite adament that the fizzy drinks cup is for kids / reserves.

Suspect that AW will show us respect by playing a strong side after his FA cup premature exit and not being in the top 4.