• Current Donation Goals

Just now, chiswickblue said:

They can't use VAR to check all incidents and possibly give yellow cards, it's not in the IFAB protocol.

I'm only talking about the incidents they stopped play for and did use VAR for.  4 I spotted.  3 they got wrong.

The push on our player from the corner, can't remember who, was at least a yellow card.  How on earth they reviewed that and decided no further action was required was laughable.

They should have 100% had a penalty. It was without a doubt a foul by Moses.

Bellerin should have 100% been booked.

The idea that they can only over rule marginal decisions is a disgrace.  The ref either gets it right or wrong. If he gets it wrong the whole point of the VAR is to make sure the correct decision is then made. There is absolutely no reasin to have it if they are too afraid to make each other look bad by constantly over ruling their mistakes. 

Sea foot   

I never said it was only for marginal decisions, what I said was that I didn't think you could make the call from what we saw. As regards the push, it was 100% but the penalty calls were ambiguous in my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I never said it was only for marginal decisions, what I said was that I didn't think you could make the call from what we saw. As regards the push, it was 100% but the penalty calls were ambiguous in my humble opinion.

Sorry mate, that wasn't aimed at you. I've heard loads of people saying that it is only meant to be used if the ref gets it blatantly wrong. Anything marginal and the original decision should stand. I don't know if this is actually official though, just seems yo be a lot of people take on it.

53 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sorry mate, that wasn't aimed at you. I've heard loads of people saying that it is only meant to be used if the ref gets it blatantly wrong. Anything marginal and the original decision should stand. I don't know if this is actually official though, just seems yo be a lot of people take on it.

It comes from the wishy washy talk on Sky last night.  Whether there is any grounding in the rules, I don't know.  But it would be ridiculous.
You either use VAR to get the best decision or don't bother.  Using it as an excuse to accept a wrong decision is totally bizarre.

56 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

True our call was ambiguous or perhaps 60/40 against it IMO.
You can't call the Moses pen without VAR I accept, too much like guesswork.  But with the VAR surely you have to call it.  100% certain Moses kicks the Arsenal player.  The pundits waffle there way around it and everyone says good decision, but surely if we can see more with VAR we should use that information.

xCELERYx   
11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

It's interesting that the top two clubs in the country play with Delph and Young at left back yet you think the Alonso is unable to.

I also find it interesting that our midfield would get overrun yet City are absolutely smashing it with theirs. Considering we have the best ball winning midfielder in the world, by some distance, It's rather odd.

Fernandinho

Sterling Dr Bruyne Silva Sane

Aguero

Compared to

Kante

Pedro Fabregas Hazard Willian

Morata

Not much in it if you ask me. Other than Aguero for Morata I'm not sure if swap anti of their players for ours. Maybe Sane.

Maybe it's not the players that are making that much of a difference but the managers?

Where did I say Alonso couldn't play LB? All I said was that because a fullback's position is deeper Alonso's lack of pace it would make it harder for him to be as adventurous going forward from a deeper position, as he wouldn't have the leg speed to recover back with that extra ground he'd have to cover if he was to push forward like he currently does. He wouldn't have the added protection of a third CB either to come across as regularly as one can do now. Therefore, because he'd likely be more restrained in an actual fullback role, his impact in the final third is going to be less. He can't provide much on the overlap as it is - his strength in attack comes from being near the 18 yard box for either a strike on goal or providing a target inside with a run into it. Neither of which will likely happen if he's stuck playing further back. Which as I said earlier, is why he was often then pushed into midfield so he could still contribute where he was strongest. 

If you actually think that our side is comparable with Man City, there's no real point in discussing the matter further. Man City's attack shits all over ours. They've got creativity across the board, speed, directness, and each of them are a genuine source of goals. 

Sterling - 14 goals, 4 assists.
Sane - 6 goals, 9 assists.
KdB - 6 goals, 9 assists.
D. Silva - 5 goals, 8 assists.
Jesus - 8 goals, 2 assists.
Aguero - 13 goals, 4 assists.
B. Silva - 1 goal, 3 assists.

Morata - 10 goals, 4 assists.
Hazard - 6 goals, 2 assists.
Willian - 3 goals, 5 assists.
Pedro - 4 goals, 2 assists. 
Fabregas - 1 goal, 4 assists.
Batshuayi - 2 goals, 0 assists. 

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. Just because we may have fancier names on paper doesn't translate to being the better players on the pitch - regardless of what some of those players have achieved here over the years. At this point in time, Morata is probably the only player who makes the Man City side. Even then, that's a stretch.

41 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

At this point in time, Morata is probably the only player who makes the Man City side. Even then, that's a stretch.

Morata? At City? In their team? A very large stretch it is, not to mention comedy gold!

45 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Sterling - 14 goals, 4 assists.         16   PL starts
Sane - 6 goals, 9 assists.                15 Starts
KdB - 6 goals, 9 assists.                  22 Starts
D. Silva - 5 goals, 8 assists.            18 starts
Jesus - 8 goals, 2 assists.               12  starts
Aguero - 13 goals, 4 assists.           15 starts
B. Silva - 1 goal, 3 assists.                6 starts                                   All      53 goals, 104 starts

Morata - 10 goals, 4 assists.           17 starts
Hazard - 6 goals, 2 assists.              14 starts
Willian - 3 goals, 5 assists.               11 starts
Pedro - 4 goals, 2 assists.                11 starts
Fabregas - 1 goal, 4 assists.             15 starts
Batshuayi - 2 goals, 0 assists.           2 starts                                      All      26 goals, 70 starts

Simple then - all we got to do is start a few more FFing AMs then.

Meanwhile, another useful fact - we are conceding goals at the rate of 5.3 per CB. whereas City are conceding at 6.5 per CB.  Obviously CBs are our real strength - lets pick some more.

Edited by Droy was my hero

xCELERYx   
10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Morata? At City? In their team? A very large stretch it is, not to mention comedy gold!

I say that because Pep hasn't been shy about dropping him. So, an opportunity would be there. Although, realistically speaking he doesn't make it either. Hence I said, "at a stretch". 

kev61   
11 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Exactly Michael a sharp intake of breath was required.