• Current Donation Goals

I think with Morata's current form Chelsea is the only team in the top 6 that he would be guaranteed an automatic starting place.

I hear United are possibly now making a move for Sanchez as it's started to drag on a bit with City. Vardy is also of interest to them.  Meanwhile in the Chelsea board room thumbs are twiddling and tumble weed blows down the corridors.  

Edited by NoblyBobly

kev61   
13 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Am I crazy or would it not be a decent idea to try Alonso up front? He's excellent attacking-wise as it is, great shot, good heading ability and ball control. Has an eye for goal even from wingback. Why not?

He could do no worse than Morata.I'm all for experimenting - after all Torres started life as a goal keeper!

Just now, kev61 said:

after all Torres started life as a goal keeper!

Yes, and for most of the time he was with us, he played like one......:).

xCELERYx   
7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, and for most of the time he was with us, he played like one......:).

At least he could finish 1vs1 opportunities. 

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Occasionally. 

I'd take that given the state of Morata's efforts of late. 

More stats:

count the goals when we are playing 352 or 343.
Over the last 20 games, we played 795 mins (for Zaffo that is 8.8 games) with 352, and scored 13 and conceded 7.
And 1005 mins we played 343, scored 20 and conceded 5.

It should be no real surprise that we concede half as many goals with 343 as we concede with 352.
Just think of the WHU game first half where they were happy to have a go at us because we could not hurt them with 2 up front.

352         343    
  Mins =games F A   Mins =games F A
Last 20 795 8.8 13 7   1005 11.2 20 5

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Where did I say Alonso couldn't play LB? All I said was that because a fullback's position is deeper Alonso's lack of pace it would make it harder for him to be as adventurous going forward from a deeper position, as he wouldn't have the leg speed to recover back with that extra ground he'd have to cover if he was to push forward like he currently does. He wouldn't have the added protection of a third CB either to come across as regularly as one can do now. Therefore, because he'd likely be more restrained in an actual fullback role, his impact in the final third is going to be less. He can't provide much on the overlap as it is - his strength in attack comes from being near the 18 yard box for either a strike on goal or providing a target inside with a run into it. Neither of which will likely happen if he's stuck playing further back. Which as I said earlier, is why he was often then pushed into midfield so he could still contribute where he was strongest. 

If you actually think that our side is comparable with Man City, there's no real point in discussing the matter further. Man City's attack shits all over ours. They've got creativity across the board, speed, directness, and each of them are a genuine source of goals. 

Sterling - 14 goals, 4 assists.
Sane - 6 goals, 9 assists.
KdB - 6 goals, 9 assists.
D. Silva - 5 goals, 8 assists.
Jesus - 8 goals, 2 assists.
Aguero - 13 goals, 4 assists.
B. Silva - 1 goal, 3 assists.

Morata - 10 goals, 4 assists.
Hazard - 6 goals, 2 assists.
Willian - 3 goals, 5 assists.
Pedro - 4 goals, 2 assists. 
Fabregas - 1 goal, 4 assists.
Batshuayi - 2 goals, 0 assists. 

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. Just because we may have fancier names on paper doesn't translate to being the better players on the pitch - regardless of what some of those players have achieved here over the years. At this point in time, Morata is probably the only player who makes the Man City side. Even then, that's a stretch.

To say none of our players would get in their team right now says a lot more about the managers than the players.

They are not just fancier names, they are better players that are being stifled by the managers tactics.

Your stats once again prove the opposite point you are trying to make, keep them coming.

To state the obvious, the Chelsea player who would walk into the City side is Hazard. He'd have to lift his current form of course, and be happy to rotate, but my guess is that he'd do just that.

Vinod   

The problem with the first team is that apart from Cesc, we do not have a central midfielder with attacking nous. Unfortunately Cesc is not exactly the best in protecting the ball or defending. Therefore, to accommodate Cesc and to keep a reasonable strong midfield, Conte plays the  3-5-2. If it were for me, I'd play 4-3-3. That would mean that the wing-backs and central midfielders share the responsibility of build up. City started performing well as soon as Guardiola pulled KDB behind to central midfield. That meant that the attackers did not have to drop deep as often.

In addition, I feel we have lost a bit of confidence. Either that or the players are quite simply tired. Most football games are won by teams that are faster and more precise. 

Edited by Vinod