• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Arsenal 0

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Simple then - all we got to do is start a few more FFing AMs then.

Meanwhile, another useful fact - we are conceding goals at the rate of 5.3 per CB. whereas City are conceding at 6.5 per CB.  Obviously CBs are our real strength - lets pick some more.

Our back 4/5/6 If you include Kante/Fernandiho compared to City's is far better. Only Walker would get into our side.

The two teams forward players, in my opinion and I'm sure some won't agree, are fairly equal. Aguero over Morata for sure but Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Fabregas are every bit as good as Sane, De bruyne, Silva and Sterling. Clearly Jesus is a big step up from Batshuayi and they also have Bernado Silva but in terms of starting quality there is not much in it.

When you look at the number of games played Sterling, De bruyne, Silva, Sane and Aguero have all played 15+ where as only Morata and Fabregas have started that many games so it's hard to argue that it is a lack of options or depth when our players are not even playing as much as theirs.  We have a smaller squad, that's not in question but when their best players are playing quite a bit more football than ours clearly that is not the issue. If our players were run into the ground whilst City were constantly rotating that argument would hold more weight. 

A lot of people seem to be blaimimng the players, although more and more seem to be coming round to the fact that they might not be the actual problem but I wonder how many people think if we had Guardiola and Conte was at City we would be 16 points behind them?

We play a defensive brand of football and leave our best players on the bench, they play their best players,  go and attack teams and are absolutely destroying the league. It's amazing that many still don't see the problem, especially when you take a closer look at how many games each player has started. It's not a lack if quality or a lack of depth, at this point anyway, that is our problem.

30 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Aguero over Morata for sure but Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Fabregas are every bit as good as Sane, De bruyne, Silva and Sterling. 

Only by reputation.

Currently when it comes to actually doing the business , they're far superior.

You can argue that it's because of the way City play in comparison to how we do and there's some truth to that theory but I haven't seen any of those City players doing half a dozen step overs whilst the other side regroup either. 

I think we're in the middle of a bad moment for want of a better phrase and once Morata finds his shooting boots , Moses picks his game up again and we get the occasional 2 good games in a row from the midfield things will return to us winning games again.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You can argue that it's because of the way City play in comparison to how we do and there's some truth to that theory but I haven't seen any of those City players doing half a dozen step overs whilst the other side regroup either. 

That is because they each have 4 other AMs/strikers and 2 WBs streaking past them whenever they have the ball.  Willian or Hazard has 1 or max 2.  (Think how much more direct they were when Fabregas, Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Costa all started at the same time).

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Only by reputation.

Currently when it comes to actually doing the business , they're far superior.

And that's the problem. 

Do you think, hypothetically of course, that if we swapped managers it would be the same?

Do you think Sterling would score as many goals as he has for City in our side or Hazard wouldn't be far better playing for them?

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

And that's the problem. 

Do you think, hypothetically of course, that if we swapped managers it would be the same?

Do you think Sterling would score as many goals as he has for City in our side or Hazard wouldn't be far better playing for them?

Don't get me wrong Martin ,I'm largely agreeing with both you and Droy on this score but just feel it's not as cut and dried regarding the woe is me aspects of how we are playing.

Many think we're playing either too defensively or with too many defenders and again there is some truth to both views , however , if Morata scores one of his many spurned opportunities against Arsenal in the league and as a fan base we're all in a happier place. 

When we make chances ( and he had three clear cut ones ) and our Marquee signing striker fails to take them , I don't think it's really Conte's fault.

I think Hazard would be amazing at City , Fabregas wouldn't improve and Willian and Pedro would be the bit part players they are for us , for what it's worth.

18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Do you think Sterling would score as many goals as he has for City in our side 

Sterling instead of Fabregas/Willian/Pedro in 343.  No, not nearly.

Sterling instead of Moses in 433 - Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Cahill, Alonso : Willian, Kante, Fabregas : Hazard, Morata, Sterling
Absolutely.

3CBs, Moses and Bakayoko is a recipe for not scoring, no matter who the other players are.

But it is more complicated I agree with Mark on that.
We decided not to play the city/United/Spurs/Liverpool/Arsenal way at the start of the season when we went with a squad that had 5 very decent CBs and 3 AMs.

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

To say none of our players would get in their team right now says a lot more about the managers than the players.

They are not just fancier names, they are better players that are being stifled by the managers tactics.

Your stats once again prove the opposite point you are trying to make, keep them coming.

Better players? Maybe by reputation, that's about it at the moment. When it comes to performance City's are miles ahead. That's ultimately what matters most. 

But of course, it's Conte's stifling tactics being the reason why Willian has 22 goals in over 150 league appearances for us. And a similar number of assist. I forgot Conte had been here this entire time. Kinda ironic players like Willian and Pedro both had their best seasons with us last season under Conte. 

The reality is that neither players are good enough to be dependable attacking first team options. They're squad players, and inconsistent ones at that. And in Willian's case, one who has struggled his entire career to be either a consistent source of goals or creativity. 

We'll settle on blaming Conte though. It's easier that way. 

39 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Better players? Maybe by reputation, that's about it at the moment. When it comes to performance City's are miles ahead. That's ultimately what matters most. 

Yes, your 100% correct and that is the problem.

But of course, it's Conte's stifling tactics being the reason why Willian has 22 goals in over 150 league appearances for us. And a similar number of assist. I forgot Conte had been here this entire time. Kinda ironic players like Willian and Pedro both had their best seasons with us last season under Conte. 

Willian certainly didn't.  Pedro did it's one of the reasons I want to see him play more, not less.

The reality is that neither players are good enough to be dependable attacking first team options. They're squad players, and inconsistent ones at that. And in Willian's case, one who has struggled his entire career to be either a consistent source of goals or creativity. 

You clearly just don't get Willian, which is fine as not many do. Neither are particularly inconsistent when teams play to their strengths, and have proved it throughout their entire career .

We'll settle on blaming Conte though. It's easier that way. 

It's much better when you constantly make new excuses for him, It's makes for good reading.

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I guess it is that "you aren't allowed to blame Conte" thing again.

In fairness its more likely to be an "it isn't entirely down to Conte" thing ;-}