• Current Donation Goals

From the Telegraph...

"... Koscielny, Monreal, Giroud, Kolasinac and Ramsey are all out while Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil are serious doubts."

I didn't realise they were missing so many players one might expect to start.

Let's hope we not only pick a strong side, but work hard to demolish whatever strength side we find ourselves up against and put half a dozen past them.

Edited by Bob Singleton
typo

JaneB   
39 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think Wenger has excluded Cech from the squad tonight 😳

Wrong!!! That'll teach me to believe anything Piers Morgan says.

Danny Drinkwater is handed a start and Toni Rudiger also plays in the two differences from the line-up that took on Arsenal in the Premier League a week ago. 

Alvaro Morata and Eden Hazard return are the front two with Morata having been a sub at Norwich at the weekend and Hazard not fit for that game. 

Arsenal name David Ospina in goal and Alex Iwobi and Danny Welbeck alongside Alexandre Lacazette in attack, with Alexis Sanchez named among their subs. 

Chelsea are expected to line-up as follows:

Courtois; Azpilicueta (c), Christensen, Rudiger; Moses, Drinkwater, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Hazard, Morata.

Subs: Eduardo, Zappacosta, David Luiz, Bakayoko, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi.

Arsenal: Ospina; Chambers, Mustafi, Holding; Bellerin, Xhaka, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles; Iwobi, Lacazette, Welbeck.

Subs: Macey, Mertesacker, Mavropanos, Elneny, Nelson, Walcott, Sanchez.

Today’s referee is Martin Atkinson.

So Drinkwater for Baka (hurray!) is makes it a stronger team than the PL game, while Rudiger for Cahill is perhaps negative, but if so only very slightly.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So Drinkwater for Baka (hurray!) is makes it a stronger team than the PL game, while Rudiger for Cahill is perhaps negative, but if so only very slightly.

Hear hear and then some!

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Wrong!!! That'll teach me to believe anything Piers Morgan says.

Then again....

(Just amusing myself)

Rob B   

I think this is our strongest starting 11 personally, and I might be wrong, but I think it’s the first time this season we’ve started with this team. 

Having also seen Arsenal’s team, we should be able to get a couple of goals lead to take back to the Emirates 

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I think this is our strongest starting 11 personally, and I might be wrong, but I think it’s the first time this season we’ve started with this team. 

Having also seen Arsenal’s team, we should be able to get a couple of goals lead to take back to the Emirates 

Well I hope you're right Rob, but we've not been playing well lately.

GURJ SS   
20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I'd put Pedro in for DD.

I agree, we should be able to make some clear cut chances against this Arsenal team, I think we will too; but will we take them is the real question.

Edited by GURJ SS