• Current Donation Goals

jones   
16 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

****ing abysmal. I can accept bad results when I see the team try but we barely broke a sweat for most of the game. 

Extremely disappointed in Conte. 

This is what a small squad and a congested fixture list gets you. Although, it is more of an explanation than an excuse. But brace yourselves, because it is going to be the story for the rest of the season. Title race is long gone. Conte's approach will be cautious, and he will look to defensive solidity in order to reach his targets: Protect top 4. And defend like crazy against Barcelona. 

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

That was no Wenger masterclass. That's ridiculous. 

Christensen puts away two very easy chances FROM OPEN PLAY and we have a very different forum. 

I'd be far more concerned if I was an arsenal fan tonight because they offered NOTHING. 

I agree with what you're saying, but Christensen didn't put them away, and frankly, didn't look like he was going to. Morata and Hazard should be our main goal scorers, but imo, they were both pretty woeful, as was most of the 'service'.

Kante was the clear MoM in my opinion, with 'daylight' second.

xCELERYx   
43 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

To me, it's a bit of both. We need some new players for sure, but Conte's tactics seem very tired at the moment - and just about every team seems to have worked us out. 

At the same time, if we are that "worked out" then why are we still getting into good attacking positions on a regular occasion. If we had a competent set of attacking players who possessed an ounce of clinical finishing and weren't so timid, we'd once again would have walked away with 3 points. 

We're horrendous in attack. And that's ultimately the bottom line. It wouldn't matter what system we play, the same issues are still going to be there because our set of attacking players are inconsistent and lack a ruthless streak in front of goal. Our issues aren't really tactical (doesn't mean tactical improvements cannot be made, but it isn't the source of our problems).

Once again we've had 21 shots on goal and a piss poor 6 of them were on target.

Story of our season right there.

2 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

At the same time, if we are that "worked out" then why are we still getting into good attacking positions on a regular occasion. If we had a competent set of attacking players who possessed an ounce of clinical finishing and weren't so timid, we'd once again would have walked away with 3 points. 

Sorry, but I think that you're missing the point of what I said here. The tactics have been getting stale for a while, and oppo teams seem to me to be quite comfortable and confident dealing with what we've got. They're content giving us space and time in the build-up because they know they can handle our attackers (because little changes, game after game) - so we look good right up to the important bit. Being handled comfortably by the line up that Wenger put out tonight, is embarrassing tbh.

kev61   
1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Our season is fizzling out. Don't think I can muster the strength to watch us play at this pace for much longer. The 343/352 has stagnated and Conte isn't doing anything to change it.

I kind of feel the same - but I know I will feel differently tomorrow.For the life of me I can't understand playing Fabregas and not play Willian and pedro and vice versa.Surely they compliment each other.Morata is isolated but poor at the moment - still got a problem in cm.Again Drinkwater was poor,if this goes on much longer,I would seriously think about putting Luiz or Azp in there.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Christensen puts away two very easy chances FROM OPEN PLAY and we have a very different forum. 

I'd be far more concerned if I was an arsenal fan tonight because they offered NOTHING. 

They fielded a far weaker line up than us though Ham.

Abysmal tonight.

For the first time I question the mentality of Conte.

Drawn into mind games with Jose, unable to better Wenger 9 times out of 10.

Just seems to have given up and will surely leave with Hazard at the end of the season.

Dark times ahead at Chelsea FC.

but have we really been much different this season? We've huffed we've puffed , we've sneaked results through individual talent  rather than any cunning plan. We have been driving around with our wheels attached to the car by one very loose nut. Sooner or later it's gonna fly off and we will be stuffed. What impotent Champions we look. This isn't about Arsenal it's about us. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

lol wish I was taking the happy pills you are taking!

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Abysmal tonight.

For the first time I question the mentality of Conte.

Drawn into mind games with Jose, unable to better Wenger 9 times out of 10.

Just seems to have given up and will surely leave with Hazard at the end of the season.

Dark times ahead at Chelsea FC.

Think I might take a break from here. 

It's too depressing.