• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 13th January, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

6-0 to Chelsea. Leicester might have been good two years ago, but this isn't two years ago, it's now. And Chelsea are the best team in England now.

GURJ SS   

I'd go with - 

Starting XI:

Courtois;

Dave, Chris, Rudi;

Zappa, Cesc, Kante, Alonso;

Pedro, Morata, Hazard;

Subs:

Caballero; Cahill; DD, Baka; Moses, Willian; Bats;

jones   

Would love to see this:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Fabregas Kanté Barkley

Willian Morata Hazard

Not going to happen, but really think 4-3-3 is the way forward. Regardless of what happens with Hazard. Need a bunch of quality attacking players though.

I want to see this:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Fabregas Kante Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Drinkwater, Willian, Batshuayi

What I think we'll see:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Cahill

Moses Fabregas Kante Bakayoko Alonso

Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

And we'll see Leicester set up nice and deep, with plenty of men behind the ball, knowing we will struggle to break them down and I wouldn't even be surprised to see them get a goal or two on the counter attack and steal a win. Sad times.

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I want to see this:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Fabregas Kante Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Drinkwater, Willian, Batshuayi

What I think we'll see:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Cahill

Moses Fabregas Kante Bakayoko Alonso

Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

And we'll see Leicester set up nice and deep, with plenty of men behind the ball, knowing we will struggle to break them down and I wouldn't even be surprised to see them get a goal or two on the counter attack and steal a win. Sad times.

It seems like that one brilliant performance against Atletico Madrid, who in hindsight are far from the team they've been in recent years, has come back to bite us by giving the impression that 3-5-2 is a workable formation for the set of players that we have. I think that 3-4-3 remains the best option and 4-3-3 plus 4-2-3-1 should be tactical options, although our complete lack of depth in attacking midfield makes it unlikely we could sustain a formation with more than two AMs for very long.

As usual Conte will continue nursing the team through this marathon of mid-week and weekend matches we've been involved in since August. There are no signs of the authorities reducing the numbers of matches we're playing so either we increase the size of our squad or we get used to about 50% of the season being about surviving and sneaking enough points, rather than trying to impose our game on the opponents.