• Current Donation Goals

2 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

It's certainly looking like the team are treading water.. Always amazes me players behave like petulant children in these circumstances

Yep agreed, not much real life experience and thinking the whole world revolves around them.  No idea how much a good performance or win can life the ordinary folk of the world.

I'm annoyed with Hazard. He's a world class player on his day, but he's so inconsistent. H

He needs to work harder and take his game more seriously. If he had the work ethic of Lampard he'd be up there with Ronaldo and Messi, and getting 20-30 goals a season. But he switches off so easily, and has spells where he doesn't play.

It's unprofessional. He needs to sort that out. And we need to have players of sufficient quality that when he has an off period, we don't miss him as much creatively.

Mahrez and Vardy would make such a positive impact right now, honestly. 

The manager has to take some responsibility here. Yes, the board are not backing him as they should - that's fair. But he's not getting the best out of the players he does have, and looks tactically limited. I love Conte but even I'm getting frustrated with him. It's awful. Worst 0-0 since the Blackburn one under Claudio.

Here's what we need to do. 

Forget spending half a bill on redeveloping this stadium because at this rate we will have trouble getting 40k in let alone 60. Our stadium is fine for another 10 years and isn't crumbling. We no longer have to generate income to buy players as FFP is dead in the water(City have demonstrated that). So let Roman spend that rebuild cost on rebuilding this team otherwise a tragedy is about to befall this club.

Edited by NoblyBobly

We have a manager who is definitely going . The players must surely know .

We have so many players out of form and a minuscule squad with no quality options .

We have a board who steadfastly refused to support the best manager we ever had and have continued with that tried and trusted method ever since despite it costing them fortunes in compensation.

Not one of them knows any more about football than any one of us and I suspect every one of us knows more about football than they do.

This bunch of absolute jokers tried to get Guardiola  to join us , comedy gold .

We as a club are slowly fading away.

Which one of them is going to pay the price for demanding so much but offering so little?

The answer is none of them .

If I was Conte I'd quit the day before the Barca game.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

We have so many players out of form and a minuscule squad with no quality options .

We have a board who steadfastly refused to support the best manager we ever had and have continued with that tried and trusted method ever since despite it costing them fortunes in compensation.

Not one of them knows any more about football than any one of us and I suspect every one of us knows more about football than they do.

This bunch of absolute jokers tried to get Guardiola  to join us , comedy gold .

We as a club are slowly fading away.

Which one of them is going to pay the price for demanding so much but offering so little?

The answer is none of them .

If I was Conte I'd quit the day before the Barca game.

Guardiola apparently told Roman he needed to switch out 10 players and bring 10 new players in when they talked about him coming. In hindsight, he wasn't wrong was he?

We have an above average squad at best, who won the league last year down to our true class players (Hazard, Costa, Kante, Dave, Fabregas, Courtois) and not having European football. Now we're exposed, as I predicted I have to say. We needed more quality squad depth in the summer, and need it now. 

We're penny pinching and we're going the way of Arsenal. 4th or 5th and the occasional cup, settling for mediocrity. 

Conte has to bear some blame for this run, there's no escaping that. But the board and the owner do as well. Maybe Chelsea fans need to start protesting Roman and telling him to spend some money on the squad. Right now his stinginess is costing us.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Roman always is said to want fantasy football but he must also wonder how they should do it without building. In FAntasy we can change elements of the team each week. Conte is stuck with this lot. Not helping himself by picking Baka though, poor passing and shooting (Ramires)

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Guardiola apparently told Roman he needed to switch out 10 players and bring 10 new players in when they talked about him coming. In hindsight, he wasn't wrong was he?

James, where do you get this waffle?

Just now, exiledblue said:

James, where do you get this waffle?

It was reported just after Jose was sacked, in a report saying we wanted Pep, but he'd told Roman he needed 10 new players. 

Whether it's true or not I have no idea, but the point is, it's not far from the truth is it? We do need a few new players.

Conte is stuck in a rut. We never looked like scoring all afternoon. 0-0 was the best we could have hoped for.

Squad look very limited and Conte seems to have no plan B other than to chuck on Willian and Pedro and hope for the best.

Just to stay in the top four is going to take some effort as we're really struggling. 

If Hazard is being subbed off for 'tactical reasons' then you know we're in deep trouble.