• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

 

Squad look very limited and Conte seems to have no plan B other than to chuck on Willian and Pedro and hope for the best.

 

They are great players and can change games but they are the only  options for plan B only I would remove Baka for one of them. We need more options and a first team that can rotate a bit more. I dont blame Conte for me its the club and owner that no longer aspires to produces Barcelonesque performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   
45 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Barkley walks into this team right now. We need him desperately. 

Kante, Barkley and Fabregas in CM with Barkley switching from CM to inside forward/AM when attacking. His energy, freshness, box to box midfield drive and creativity are one thing we are dearly missing. 

He'll be a regular once fully fit. If he can't get in front of Bakayoko and Drinkwater, there's a problem. And he's more creative than the other AM's we have, Hazard apart.

I know you're positive about Barkley, but box to box? He had to have 2 ball winners behind him at Everton because he hated tracking back, being physical doesn't mean he is able to defend.

At this point in time I really hope Barkley is the answer, but our problems go much deeper than Barkley being the answer; he isn't a top player and there's still talk of him maybe fulfilling his potential, that's not the sign of a player that's going to fix our problems. Apart from Kante and Cesc, the rest of our central mid options(including Barkley) are nothing compared to what we've had in the past, as much as the striker problem is a serious one, there's no point in buying another striker when we haven't got 4 top central mids - at the moment we have 2: Kante, Cesc. Barkley for me is an AM in a 343, personally Hazard and Pedro are my starters in that system and Willian off the bench. We should have asked for Herrera in the Matic deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea always struggle against teams that are "in your face" and pester for the ball at all times. Leicester are good at this. Arsenal, over the last two games against them, showed that they could hassle Chelsea too.

Morata is a bit of a wimp and is always looking for a 'foul' decision which may be given in Spain but not in the UK. I haven't worked out Bakayoko's reason for being on this planet but perhaps, one day, we will be enlightened.

The last three games have shown Morata wanting. Perhaps it's time to give Batashuyai a chance and just tell him to go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roadrunner2009 said:

Some people sound surprised. This happens time and time again. We win the league or do really well then go missing for another season. I’ve heard this all before so many times: “not enough quality players” “no urgency” “no ruthlessness” “lacking in creativity”. I think at this point these should become slogans and written all around the stadium. There is clearly trouble off pitch, these symptoms always indicate this. You shouldn’t worry, it’s simply time for Conte to go which is why Chelsea are struggling through this period. 

Once a new manager is introduced, as is  always the case, the same players will turn their World Class switch. 

Absolutely! Thank you for stating what's clearly evident roadrunner. A lot of others don't seem to recognise this malaise, but we've all been through this kind of phase before and we should all know how it ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, and unlike our useless, amateur, incompetent, penny pinching board, they actually listened and spent the money.

Just maybe City's board have access to more money than our board James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Conte is continuing to start with Bakayoko is seriously concerning as to his commitment. There is no one in the stadium, no pundit, no commentator, no supporter that can see any reason at all why he should be in the team - indeed the only two reasons I can think of why he is playing is either Conte trying to prove to the board that we need reinforcements right now, or he's angling to get the sack/huge payoff ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Absolutely! Thank you for stating what's clearly evident roadrunner. A lot of others don't seem to recognise this malaise, but we've all been through this kind of phase before and we should all know how it ends.

I think it's a difficult enough job without the board making your position untenable , he's off , the players know it , the papers know it , we know it , Hazard is saving it for the Barca game and the squad is bereft of any quality in depth to put any kind of pressure on the misfiring players.

Same old same old . We've certainly got our Chelsea back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Barkley walks into this team right now. We need him desperately. 

Kante, Barkley and Fabregas in CM with Barkley switching from CM to inside forward/AM when attacking. His energy, freshness, box to box midfield drive and creativity are one thing we are dearly missing. 

He'll be a regular once fully fit. If he can't get in front of Bakayoko and Drinkwater, there's a problem. And he's more creative than the other AM's we have, Hazard apart.

You keep saying this with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Barkley hadn't played well for a long time before becoming injured and he hasn't played for ages since. You have no idea what sort of player he is now. You always say the same about any potential or realised signing. "Oh he's great and will be a messiah" effectively. You need to wait and see. Once again I remind you of Lukaku and Oxlade-Chamberlain. 2 bullets we dodged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

The fact that Conte is continuing to start with Bakayoko is seriously concerning as to his commitment. There is no one in the stadium, no pundit, no commentator, no supporter that can see any reason at all why he should be in the team - indeed the only two reasons I can think of why he is playing is either Conte trying to prove to the board that we need reinforcements right now, or he's angling to get the sack/huge payoff ASAP.

Conte has the hump from the off with the Bakayoko deal when the board "cleverly" replaced Matic , a man who knew the role and the league inside out with an injured kid from a weaker league . I think he's cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.