• Current Donation Goals

20 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sanchez is going to United....goodness me. Rashford is now their fourth choice striker. 

James, I think that you're getting ahead of yourself again. Sanchez may end up at United.  Or, he may end up at City. Or, he may end up at PSG. Or, he may end up at Chelsea. And there's some suggestion that Liverpool want him! Nobody has signed anything as far as I can tell.

20 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

And we think we can challenge on four fronts with Morata and Carroll

Again - we haven't signed Carroll, or made an offer for him as far as I can tell. We may (as in 'anything is possible'), but we haven't as yet.

kev61   
7 minutes ago, Chuckso said:

Sure Kev but do cast your mind back. The last truly effervescent, sum of the parts equals whole performance we have given, I recall, was the 6-0 vs Everton on the 29th August of last year. More than a year ago. The performances we have done well since in vs Stoke, Huddersfield and Atletico Madrid were teams who surrendered territory and hence initiative to us. We did not have to fight for or seize it ourselves, because our manager makes it impossible.

Conte is a good coach, no doubt. However he is only a few rungs on the ladder removed from the ultra conservative Mourinho, and their brand of football is somewhat detrimental. I actually had observed this, as I mentioned, for about a year now, despite us winning the championship. The performances never quite measured.

I Agree with a lot of what you say chuck and I certainly agree with the comparison between the way we are playing now under Conte and the way were playing under Mourhino and as you say is "detrimental"( I would go a step further and say it is killing the game)but is Conte's methods now just a 'short term yield' or is he throwing the dummy out of the pram because he is not getting the backing he wants in the transfer market or does he wants out with a wad? - either way he should go because it is a kick in the teeth to us...fans.

It is my opinion we have the players to finish comfortably in the top four.Get Bakayoko on the slow boat to China(apparently they pay very good money these days) put Luiz or azpi along side Kante - put Pedro as a false number nine,Willian attacking down the middle,Hazard in a free role up front and moses as bit player.We can mix and match no need for rigid formations.

18 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

City,United and now Liverpool all in for Sanchez..meanwhile

No idea if we are in for him too.  All I do know is that if we were we wouldn't hear a peep until 2 days before it is done.

10 minutes ago, ripz said:

I wonder if the start of this transfer window was any kind of last straw, like did Conte go and say he wanted some players of his choice and upon getting the usual response of "no, here have Barkley and Carroll" they decided that was that and he now knows he'll go at the end of the season and doesn't really give a **** anymore. 

There was all that unsourced gossip back in August.  When Conte was rumoured to be off within weeks.  If there was a last straw it would have been then - when the season was still up in the air, theoretically.
But IMO the key decisions to have a shrunken squad were made back in May or earlier - around the time they thought that 3 foreign GKs was acceptable (ie strongly limiting the CL squad very early on).  And Conte was probably part of that decision, and certainly aware of it back then.

That was awful, but it has been for a little while now so it's no surprise.

Why is Conte persisting with the same formation with the same players? Moses, Bakayoko, Morata all in horrible form!

Personally I feel the club need to sit down with Conte and do one of the following:

1) Get Conte in and discuss why he thinks we're struggling at the moment and offer to back him in any way needed in order to turn this around and get us back on track for a top 4 finish.

2) Get Conte in and have a very honest conversation about next season and ask him outright if he wants to be here for next season and if that answer isn't a resounding yes or if members of the board don't want him here next year, then let him go... now. The speculation is good for nobody and it's now translating on to the pitch. Conte isn't changing things up and picking a team to win, he's just sending the same players out for every match and they're losing interest.

As for Bakayoko, well, lets move him on asap.

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Freefall out of the top 4. Attack looks stale and thats very worrying. Morata really hasnt had a lot to work with the last few games either.

The attack has looked stale for years, it's only declined further since - save for last season when Costa was on fire for 6 months, Willian had his career best goal return and Pedro put in the performances we had originally expected to see in his first season. Everyone sort of hit their peak, resulting in our best scoring season since Ancelotti was here. 

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

The attack has looked stale for years...

You do like to start with the absurd in your posts.  
How can anyone take a post seriously if that is the opening statement.

10 hours ago, ripz said:

I wonder if the start of this transfer window was any kind of last straw, like did Conte go and say he wanted some players of his choice and upon getting the usual response of "no, here have Barkley and Carroll" they decided that was that and he now knows he'll go at the end of the season and doesn't really give a **** anymore. 

Yep. Wouldn’t surprise me. It’s like he wants to be sacked. He doesn’t want to be at Chelsea anymore and it’s impacting the players.

Plus, our useless, penny pinching, amateur board.

Plus, our owner who seems to no longer give a toss about this club’s on pitch success. Not been to a game since May.

Edited by James Prescott

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

James, I think that you're getting ahead of yourself again. Sanchez may end up at United.  Or, he may end up at City. Or, he may end up at PSG. Or, he may end up at Chelsea. And there's some suggestion that Liverpool want him! Nobody has signed anything as far as I can tell.

Again - we haven't signed Carroll, or made an offer for him as far as I can tell. We may (as in 'anything is possible'), but we haven't as yet.

Well I can safely tell you now that Sanchez is not going to Chelsea, not a chance with this board.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

£15 for kids and seniors on Wednesday.  Plenty seem to be available.

Yup - quite a few empty seats at the match yesterday considering it was between the last two Prem Champions,  worrying times for Chelsea, at least its easy to pick up tickets these days.