• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

The attack has looked stale for years.

You've outdone yourself there. Incredible thing to say.

18 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Yup - quite a few empty seats at the match yesterday considering it was between the last two Prem Champions,  worrying times for Chelsea, at least its easy to pick up tickets these days.

The club say 41,552 seats sold, which worries me more - the empty seats were STs and others with tickets who simply couldn’t be arsed. On present form I can almost understand them - standing in the cold for a couple of hours of uninspiration was challenging, to say the least. A fair bit of booing at the end, too (detestable though it is). All in all, time to brace up and make some changes. The repeated comment in Shed Lower was the Barca must be shaking in their shoes.

I was at the game, didn't notice any empty seats or any booing. 

Was genuinely shocked when the board went up for the double substitution and Hazard and Fabregas came off. Like, open mouth shock. It was bad enough that the away team started more dedicated attacking players than us, but to struggle and then make those changes ...

If we do not start attacking as a team, we are not going to score goals and we are not going to win games. Anyone who thinks the recent form is the result of anything other than simply not playing attacking players is on another planet.

Still ......another point more than the Arsenal.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Was genuinely shocked when the board went up for the double substitution and Hazard and Fabregas came off. Like, open mouth shock. It was bad enough that the away team started more dedicated attacking players than us, but to struggle and then make those changes ...

Same here and it wasn't even typical of what Conte has done earlier.  I think 58th minute is one of his earliest non-injury subs ever.  2 at the same time is incredible.  Normally he'd have waited at least until the 80th min for a 2nd sub.  But in this case after Cahill's early injury, this was sub 2&3 and we had to go another 32 mins risking any injury.

I can only assume that the AMs and Fabregas are even more tired than we thought, although they don't get much pitch time as it is.  Drinkwater must have something seriously wrong with him.  

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Still ......another point more than the Arsenal.

Seems that every manager in the league knows how to beat this bang average arsenal team with the exception of Antonio Conte who still seems to be awe of wenger.

Liverpool routing city because they defend from the front and put pressure on the opposititions defence, unlike us who have 8 or 9 in our own half

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Liverpool routing city because they defend from the front and put pressure on the opposititions defence, unlike us who have 8 or 9 in our own half

Worst result for Chelsea - firmly stuck in fourth now and only a couple of points from fifth.  Dropping like a stone.

chelboy   

Yeah but Liverpool can't play like that week in week out otherwise they would win the league. They are "big game wonders". Last season they had the best head to head against the top 6 I think. Liverpool can beat any top 6 on the day but can not win the league due to inconsistency. City are pretty much a consistent version of Liverpool.

Pool and Spurs are so far ahead of us. It will be very hard to finish in top4 ahead of them unless there is some drastic changes in our squad/tactic.