• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

We lack players with killer instinct in front of goal.

Preciously! Have been saying this for quite some time. 

kev61   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I often think that there are only half a dozen of us who ever really appreciated what Mikel and Ramires did for us.

The other half dozen are recovering in a psychiatric ward.

Prem top4 is in the bag, Champions Cup is wrapped up so this is a good opportunity to rest a few for the big match on Wednesday.

Give the youngsters a bit of a chance against turgid Leceistir.  Start Barkley in place of Hazard and see if he is as good if not better.

8-0.

Edited by Gormangorman

Vinod   

Quite an uninspiring first XI. If Leicester choose to sit back, we will have hard time getting behind their lines.

Gary Cahill and Tiemoue Bakayoko come back into the starting line-up for today’s game.

Cahill, the skipper, will slot into the back three alongside Cesar Azpilicueta and Toni Rudiger, with Andreas Christensen dropping down to the bench.

Further forward, Bakayoko replaces Danny Drinkwater and is expected to play in a three-man midfield with Cesc Fabregas and N’Golo Kante, who starts against his former club.

Eden Hazard and Alvaro Morata are paired together in attack once more.

Chelsea are expected to line up as follows:

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill (c), Rudiger; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso; Hazard, Morata.

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, David Luiz, Zappacosta, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi.

Leicester are expected to line up as follows:

Schmeichel, Amartey, Maguire, Dragovic, Chilwell, Albrighton, James, Ndidi, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy.

Subs: Hamer, Fuchs, Ibora, Benalouane, Gray, Slimani, Iheanacho

Today’s referee is Michael Jones

Bakayoko still perserved with.  Kante can play twice a week, but Drinkwater can't I guess.
Cahill as middle CB.  Christensen rested is fair enough, but odd that Luiz doesn't start.  Perhaps he is off.

4 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Quite an uninspiring first XI. If Leicester choose to sit back, we will have hard time getting behind their lines.

I'm more concerned about them having a go at us, with just one or two of ours in their half of the field to worry about.

Uninspiring team selection from Conte again, it's all getting a bit Groundhog Day.

Bakayoko needs some weeks out the team, let him have a proper rest and give him a chance to train hard and get his confidence up.

We won't break this Leicester side down easily at all it's going to be a long and painful afternoon... I'm glad I'm going to be out from about 3.30 so won't have to suffer the inevitable frustration.

Blue Rod   
21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I often think that there are only half a dozen of us who ever really appreciated what Mikel and Ramires did for us.  Ramires for example - played AM and CM at the same time for us, as if he were two players.
But our real problem is that we are playing the midfield 3 players short.  3rd CB mostly stays deep and both FBs go wide, which means we are often swamped by ordinary sides like WHU.  When it works we are solid and the WB get their opportunities out wide alone.  But it doesn't always work.

Ramires had a lot of qualities despite his shortcomings. He used to nick balls from opponents like they were fast asleep. His ability to chase down players from far behind is only equalled by Kante. Mikel's strength on the ball was tremendous. And he was expert in dug in defending, always "standing in the right place" and drawing fouls when necessary. 

We needed upgrades. Kante comfortably upgrades Ramires. Now, Bakayoko as a replacement never mind upgrade for Mikel, don't even get me started.