• Current Donation Goals

paulw66

Chelsea Appoint New Chief Executive

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In fairness , I think you're the only one who doesn't believe him.

I believe him . 

OK - interesting that it has taken so long for someone to say that when it has been discussed for so long.

Ham   

It seems very obvious to me that the board members decide our transfer policy. There is nobody else. Conte has given enough clues in press conferences recently without fully coming out and saying that he has no control over transfers. 

Sciatika   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder who is then , seeing as Conte says he's not buying the players and there is absolutely nobody else ?

I think it's done by committee in which there is involvement from all areas of the club. Conte has a role in identifying areas of recruitment and identifying and approving players. He often says he is asked to give his opinion on different situations. I suspect they jointly create lists of potential targets, which they order according to availability, how they fit in and so on and then the club pursue their targets. The club buys the players, not Conte.

Just now, Sciatika said:

I think it's done by committee in which there is involvement from all areas of the club. Conte has a role in identifying areas of recruitment and identifying and approving players. He often says he is asked to give his opinion on different situations. I suspect they jointly create lists of potential targets, which they order according to availability, how they fit in and so on and then the club pursue their targets. The club buys the players, not Conte.

I expect every club wish they followed this method. Why bother employing football people when you can get a couple of accountants and lawyers to do it based on whatever agent is hawking his tat around. Lions led by donkeys.

Sciatika   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I expect every club wish they followed this method. Why bother employing football people when you can get a couple of accountants and lawyers to do it based on whatever agent is hawking his tat around. Lions led by donkeys.

I am pretty sure that is not what I intended to say. I said there was "involvement from all areas of the club" and this seems to be confirmed by Conte. That means "football people" as well as "accountants and lawyers".

11 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I am pretty sure that is not what I intended to say. I said there was "involvement from all areas of the club" and this seems to be confirmed by Conte. That means "football people" as well as "accountants and lawyers".

No. That's not want you said at all ! That's what I'm saying , it's been my belief for years that regarding the playing side of our game our board are grossly incompetent , they screwed Mourinho over twice and are fully committed to doing the same to Conte , the lot of them need removing from any aspect of player recruitment other than picking them up from the airport.

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Chelsea has 2 Boards:

Chelsea FC PLC Board, comprising Bruce Buck, Eugene Tennenbaum, and Marina Gronovskaia.

Chelsea Football Club Board, comprising the 3 individuals listed above, plus David Barnard. 

Spot the 'football people'.........

kev61   

Well there should be 'if I were Abramovich' thread.DOF Frank Lampard assisted by John Terry - chief scout me😁

kev61   
10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, start one Kev. 

Not me Michael I'm a bit flighty - but I have heard more sense here than any pundit,commentator,coach or anyone else in footballing circles that I have ever met.