• Current Donation Goals

paulw66

Chelsea Appoint New Chief Executive

Sciatika   
17 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Chelsea has 2 Boards:

Chelsea FC PLC Board, comprising Bruce Buck, Eugene Tennenbaum, and Marina Gronovskaia.

Chelsea Football Club Board, comprising the 3 individuals listed above, plus David Barnard. 

Spot the 'football people'.........

Agreed. But Conte is on neither of those and yet he tells us he is consulted on his opinion. That suggests to me that there might be a body that he is part of. Of course, the truth is that it is conjecture. We are not there to know how these things are managed in practice.

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Conte is on neither of those and yet he tells us he is consulted on his opinion. 

Same with pretty much every head coach/manager we've ever had. It's certainly not unusual at this club, or any other club that I'm aware of. I'd suggest that it would be very odd if Conte wasn't consulted on his opinion, tbh.

Sciatika   
13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'd suggest that it would be very odd if Conte wasn't consulted on his opinion, tbh.

Agreed. So why are people suggesting that there is no footballing input to transfer decisions.

Consultation process:

Marina : " We're signing Andy Caroll on loan with a view to buy him

Conte : " Mama Mia"

Marina : " good , we're agreed then.

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Agreed. So why are people suggesting that there is no footballing input to transfer decisions.

They expect 'footballing people' to be on the Football Board (the mob who make the decisions about who to buy and sell). There aren't any. 

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

They expect 'footballing people' to be on the Football Board (the mob who make the decisions about who to buy and sell). There aren't any. 

Are there at other clubs?

I presume this new chief exec will be in charge or revenue growth via sponsorship etc, which has no relevance to player transfers and hence it being a football person is completely unimportant. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Wouldn't know for sure, but my guess is that if there are, then they'd be few and far between. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I presume this new chief exec will be in charge or revenue growth via sponsorship etc, which has no relevance to player transfers and hence it being a football person is completely unimportant. 

That would be correct from what I've read about him. 

xCELERYx   
17 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I know for example that Juventus drafted in Pavel Nedved after he retired. Which would be the equivalent of us utilising Drogba or Lampard in such a position. But as you said, it also depends on what their role actually entails. If it's more commercial related matters, then having a footballing person is sort of moot. If however, the role is more football based, then naturally having someone in the role who understands the game would be the ideal situation.

Would still like to see us take more advantage of some of the quality players we've had in the past - Ballack, Lampard, Drogba and the likes of Terry and A.Cole once they call it a day etc and utilise them throughout various club roles.