• Current Donation Goals

paulw66

New Chelsea Chief Executive

Another Businessman taking over to run it like a business.  Now he needs to learn about football.

So nobody on the football Board is a Football person? David Barnard yes whose vast experience include Winbledon, Fulham  and Wimbledon; hardly fills me with confidence. Apparently these businessman can run it right. Doesn't look like it.

2 hours ago, earthshine said:

Another Businessman taking over to run it like a business.  Now he needs to learn about football.

So nobody on the football Board is a Football person? David Barnard yes whose vast experience include Winbledon, Fulham  and Wimbledon; hardly fills me with confidence. Apparently these businessman can run it right. Doesn't look like it.

His role is to drum up additional commercial business, and looking at in CV and his experience in sports in US and Canada is not a bad move by the club.

Maybe his remit is to find a Stan kroenke  to buy the club :0(

4 hours ago, earthshine said:

Yes, I'm a bit sceptical about him myself too.

The CEO isn't a board member of course but it continues to astound that the football board differs only from the PLC board in the presence of Club Secretary David Barnard:

http://www.chelseafc.com/the-club/about-chelsea-football-club/club-personnel.html

You'd think that good practice would lead you to have one group of people making business decisions and one group of people making football decisions. The sooner we get a Director of Football onto the Football Board, plus possibly a couple of ex-player board members, the sooner we can start having more of a football strategy, rather than just a business strategy. Of course you'd expect that most of the Football Board's proposals would need to be approved by the PLC board but as they're basically the same people at present this doesn't make sense.

20 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

His role is to drum up additional commercial business, and looking at in CV and his experience in sports in US and Canada is not a bad move by the club.

Maybe his remit is to find a Stan kroenke  to buy the club :0(

Actually I think  we are doing very well on the commercial side of things. Record turnover etc. One of the highest wage paying club.

And whats with us having all overseas members. With the new recruit an exception. Btw Is London or UK out of highly qualified people to run the club? Droy send in your resume. But then all they do is sit and make deals : commercial interests and everything it entails. But wtf are they doing on the footballing board?

Sciatika   

Can I point out that The "Football Club Board" is not a "Football Board"? It is the board that takes responsibility for the business of the football club. The main CFC plc board look after CFC PLC, a company which owns the football club among other concerns and has a wider remit. They report to Fordstam, the parent company. Noone is saying that Barnard, Tenenbaum, Granovskaia and Buck are responsible for the football decisions that affect the club day to day except in a business capacity (I.e. budgetary constraints, contracts and so on).

13 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Can I point out that The "Football Club Board" is not a "Football Board"? It is the board that takes responsibility for the business of the football club. The main CFC plc board look after CFC PLC, a company which owns the football club among other concerns and has a wider remit. They report to Fordstam, the parent company. Noone is saying that Barnard, Tenenbaum, Granovskaia and Buck are responsible for the football decisions that affect the club day to day except in a business capacity (I.e. budgetary constraints, contracts and so on).

I wonder who is then , seeing as Conte says he's not buying the players and there is absolutely nobody else ?

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder who is then , seeing as Conte says he's not buying the players and there is absolutely nobody else ?

Does anyone believe Conte when he says that?
I keep hearing people saying "Conte said this"
I'm waiting for someone to say "I think this"

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Does anyone believe Conte when he says that?
I keep hearing people saying "Conte said this"
I'm waiting for someone to say "I think this"

In fairness , I think you're the only one who doesn't believe him.

I believe him .