• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

Ham   
43 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

On a positive note, our keeper was brilliant (as he has often been when called upon this season), Bakayoko was much better, William was superb I thought.

So to Morata. He missed another three sitters and I have no confidence that he would have slotted away his shoot out penalty if still been on the pitch. His has also quite rightly acquired the tag of a diver and his treatment by refs from now on will reflect that tag. For what it's worth I thought it deserved a pen and I've seen plenty given like that. I'm trying to think of a good reason why a footballer running at full pelt would want to put his hand on another mans shoulder? Did it fall there by mistake? Was it a gesture of friendship? Was he trying to brush away a little dandruff that had floated down from Morata slightly greasy looking hair? OR...was it that Morata was showing him a clean pair of heels and he needed to slyly slow him down or take him off balance? Trouble is a ref won't notice that little stuff at full speed. What he needs is a bit of help from a video replay....hang on a minute??     

I still maintain it was a foul in the box, and therefore a penalty, before Morata went to ground. 

Maybe he should do what Willian and Hazard do when they're held back. Just stop dead and hold your hands out. Refs recognise that as a demonstration of "I've been pulled back ref". 

Falling to the floor isn't helping him. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I still maintain it was a foul in the box, and therefore a penalty, before Morata went to ground. 

Maybe he should do what Willian and Hazard do when they're held back. Just stop dead and hold your hands out. Refs recognise that as a demonstration of "I've been pulled back ref". 

I liked the bit where he "assumed" he had been fouled and picked the ball up. The ref then did him for handball :) v.funny

Ham   
52 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I liked the bit where he "assumed" he had been fouled and picked the ball up. The ref then did him for handball :) v.funny

I'd forgotten that bit. That ref! What a character! 

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

On a positive note, our keeper was brilliant (as he has often been when called upon this season), Bakayoko was much better, William was superb I thought.

So to Morata. He missed another three sitters and I have no confidence that he would have slotted away his shoot out penalty if still been on the pitch. His has also quite rightly acquired the tag of a diver and his treatment by refs from now on will reflect that tag. For what it's worth I thought it deserved a pen and I've seen plenty given like that. I'm trying to think of a good reason why a footballer running at full pelt would want to put his hand on another mans shoulder? Did it fall there by mistake? Was it a gesture of friendship? Was he trying to brush away a little dandruff that had floated down from Morata slightly greasy looking hair? OR...was it that Morata was showing him a clean pair of heels and he needed to slyly slow him down or take him off balance? Trouble is a ref won't notice that little stuff at full speed. What he needs is a bit of help from a video replay....hang on a minute??     

Very well put.

kev61   
6 hours ago, Ham said:

The thing is ham it is all right to get a player in a half nelson during a corner kick that goes unpunished, that should be a nailed on penalty - and a player that goes down like a snowflake in normal play and gets a penalty.We need consistency and common sense  in the game.Var seems to muddy the waters,but I guess it's as good as the people using it.

25 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Var seems to muddy the waters,but I guess it's as good as the people using it.

Then we're really screwed. See: Mike Reilly. 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Hazard has developed a reputation of being fouled brutally and playing on and as a result IMO he gets most of the calls he deserves.

Morata is frequently fouled badly and because he makes a meal of it I think the damage to his rep is already done like Drogba IMO.

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Morata is frequently fouled and because he makes a meal of it I think the damage to his rep is already done

And he's frequently not touched, but still hits the deck. Not helping him at all with the refs.

chara   

Did anyone else see the Sterling penalty today?..looked like the defender laid his arm and hand across Sterling's shoulder and back and down he went..dead cert pen they say....always is...isn't it?