• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Norwich City 1 (Chelsea 5-3 Penalties)

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

I doubt you or I and most of our fans would give a rats ass what happens in any domestic cup.We are programmed now to the league and champion's league.

You might be programmed, Kev, but I'm not. I cut my teeth on the FA Cup, and long may it continue. The PL first, obviously, but the CL mean little to me. Nice if we do well, because it means money in the bank for the club, but after that, it's of minor interest.

xCELERYx   
8 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You might be programmed, Kev, but I'm not. I cut my teeth on the FA Cup, and long may it continue. The PL first, obviously, but the CL mean little to me. Nice if we do well, because it means money in the bank for the club, but after that, it's of minor interest.

Sort of how I feel. I'd prefer to do well in the FA Cup and win it, than the CL. The CL has lost a lot of it's appeal imo over recent years.

17 hours ago, jones said:

Conte in his presser: No Barkley, Fabregas or Cahill. Key players will be rested. Hudson-Odoi needs to take another step before he plays (starts?).

Will we be able to line up a side not involving any starters against Brighton?

Caballero - Ampadu Luiz Sterling - Zappacosta Drinkwater Bakayoko Kenedy - Musonda Batshuayi Pedro

Rudiger for Sterling and I dare say it'll be Willian for Musonda. Otherwise I reckon that's exactly how we'll line up. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Rudiger for Sterling and I dare say it'll be Willian for Musonda. Otherwise I reckon that's exactly how we'll line up. 

Particularly as Sterling isn't a centre back 

• Like 1

asvaberg   

I really hope to see our best lineup tonight.

Because:

- race for the PL title is off, anyway

- the players badly need to score goals, have a win after 4 consequtive draws - they need opposition and something to fight for

- we should, as a club, go for as many trophies as possible, Chelsea is a BIG club and we shouldn't "downgrade" ourselves

- our next PL match is of course tough, but not tough enough to rest any players tonight

- I really hope for one, two or three Morata goals tonight

Pardon my English if there are any errors - it's not my native language :)

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Pardon my English if there are any errors - it's not my native language :)

Your English is better than a lot of people on this forum!

I don't agree with your comments though. Players like Morata and Hazard need a day off. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

We don't need this competition except for playing fringe players to prove themselves.

I agree Kev.  We are in the last 8 of the LC.  The last 16 of the CL.  And the last 64 of the FAC.

The competition to downgrade is clearly the FAC.  

asvaberg   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I agree Kev.  We are in the last 8 of the LC.  The last 16 of the CL.  And the last 64 of the FAC.

The competition to downgrade is clearly the FAC.  

I don't actually disagree with you,  but realism is:

- it's a very tough game at Emirates in the LC semi replay. Unless we progress from the last three awful 0-0 draws, Arsenal will kick us out easily

- it's neary an impossible task to beat out Barcelona; theoretical possible, but we don't have the "flow" we had the last time we beat them

So my priorities this year, from todays realism:

1: end up top 4 PL

2: FA cup

3: League cup

Edited by asvaberg

My error above- actually last 4 of the LC

14 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I don't actually disagree with you,  but realism is:

- it's a very tough game at Emirates in the LC semi replay. Unless we progress from the last three awful 0-0 draws, Arsenal will kick us out easily

- it's neary an impossible task to beat out Barcelona; theoretical possible, but we don't have the "flow" we had the last time we beat them

So my priorities this year, from todays realism:

1: end up top 4 PL

2: FA cup

3: League cup

There are 3 big big competitions in World football which each have similar Revenues and far far greater revenues than anything else.

They are the World Cup, Champions League and the Premier League.

I don't care who we are playing, you can't get to the last 16 of the CL and choose not to compete.  We are certainly in a much stronger position against them than we were in 2012.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd say it was no harder to beat Barca than it is to win the FA cup.  And I'd far rather we go out to Barca after a competitive 2 legs than go our miserably but get to an FA cup semi final.  
Last time we beat them we finished 6th in the PL with 64 points.  Right now we are on target for 78 points.  We are much much more on a role now than then.
The key differences are much less squad depth, but that is far less of an issue in the L16 round than the semis when a lot of players are threatened with suspensions for 2 yellows; tiredness - which is going to affect league games much much more than affect players playing Barca in the CL; and playing style, we don't really know how to defend as a whole team anymore, though we do counterattack very effectively.