• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

"If I Was Roman Abramovich, I'd......."

bert19   
12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I have to say, I am with Droy on this one.

At the top level, there is no manager / coach anywhere who has autonomy on playing transfers. Just doesn't happen anymore. 

All of them (whatever they are called) pick the team, do the coaching, the tactics, and they all have discussions with their board about transfers in / out. 

It is crazy to think that the football experts (the managers / coaches) are then supposed to be business experts when it comes to negotiating transfers / contracts. In the same way it would be crazy for a CEO to take training. 

I like how you wrote that knowing that Wenger isn't top level. Ha! 

Ham   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have to say, I am with Droy on this one.

At the top level, there is no manager / coach anywhere who has autonomy on playing transfers. Just doesn't happen anymore. 

All of them (whatever they are called) pick the team, do the coaching, the tactics, and they all have discussions with their board about transfers in / out. 

It is crazy to think that the football experts (the managers / coaches) are then supposed to be business experts when it comes to negotiating transfers / contracts. In the same way it would be crazy for a CEO to take training. 

This is the crux though. AC denies having any say here or at best, very little say. 

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

This is the crux though. AC denies having any say here or at best, very little say. 

All managers prevaricate and lie about transfers to the press conferences too.  So do the coaches.  It is part of the common job spec.

synavm   

If decisions don't lie with the manager, can we at least have footballing people on the board? Hiddink in as DoF for example?

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

All managers prevaricate and lie about transfers to the press conferences too.  So do the coaches.  It is part of the common job spec.

But surely it's more often a case of " I never want to talk about players from another team " when they know full well they're in for someone , rather than boldly stating that he makes no decisions on transfers ?

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

But surely it's more often a case of " I never want to talk about players from another team " when they know full well they're in for someone , rather than boldly stating that he makes no decisions on transfers ?

I don't think " I never want to talk about players from another team " is any more honest than what Conte says.  Maybe a bit smarter, but we know Conte doesn't handle questions well.

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

rather than boldly stating that he makes no decisions on transfers ?

I'm not sure he has said it all that boldly ever.  Not if you take into context the questions.  

kev61   

Don howe was always regarded as one of the best coaches in the game but was shite  as a manager.Conte is not in the same position as Wenger.Wenger is the last remaining manager that controls most of the club.

Guardiola is being backed to the hilt financially - more so than any of our managers - but after he wins the league this year and if under performs the following year he will be sacked at the drop of a  hat.

Conte offers the best value for money now and in the future,but I fear the board  don't see it that way.

JaneB   

.........I'd re-sign these two immediately and put them in the team on Monday.

The greatest ever 💙💙

That's all.

image.jpeg

Edited by JaneB

Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

.........I'd re-sign these two immediately and put them in the team on Monday.

The greatest ever 💙💙

That's all.

image.jpeg

Both have the right to be called our best ever player for different reasons. 

JaneB   
23 minutes ago, Ham said:

Both have the right to be called our best ever player for different reasons. 

Absolutely. Can't separate them. Have so much love and respect for both.