• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

"If I Was Roman Abramovich, I'd......."

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Pedantic I'll admit but can't we spell the great man's name right in the title? 

It's the least we can do for £1bn of investment. 

How do you spell it then?

Ham   

No "H" on the end 😊

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

No "H" on the end 😊

Let's be REALLY pedantic... Рома́н Арка́дьевич Абрамо́вич

There is an "H" in the Anglicised version, by the way.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

No "H" on the end 😊

Well, there's more than enough examples where it's spelt with the 'H' at the end - including the club's own website, and you'd think that they'd know, or be corrected by now.............:)

"Chelsea FC plc is the company which owns Chelsea Football Club. The ultimate parent company of Chelsea FC plc is Fordstam Limited and the ultimate controlling party of Fordstam Limited is Roman Abramovich."

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, there's more than enough examples where it's spelt with the 'H' at the end - including the club's own website, and you'd think that they'd know, or be corrected by now.............:)

"Chelsea FC plc is the company which owns Chelsea Football Club. The ultimate parent company of Chelsea FC plc is Fordstam Limited and the ultimate controlling party of Fordstam Limited is Roman Abramovich."

My bad. Had convinced myself it  was spelt  without the" H". 

How have I not known that these last 15 years? 

kev61   
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Zola doesn't have much of a success record as a manager to date.
Lampard is being allowed to coach U18s as part of his Coaching Badge training.  Not quite U18 coach yet, let alone several steps towards being a Head coach.

LoL! from where and when did saf get his "coaching badge".Who awards the coaching badge?.ridiculous.It's like asking lewis Hamilton to do his driving test again or asking your granny how to suck eggs.

Edited by kev61

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

LoL! from where and when did saf get his "coaching badge".Who awards the coaching badge?.ridiculous.It's like asking lewis Hamilton to do his driving test again or asking your granny how to suck eggs.

I think you'll find that Lewis Hamilton had to take a driving test just like you and me.  And SAF got his coaching badges while still a playe.
But it isn't really the point.  
Lampard isn't an employed coach, just one of many guys doing his badges.  In essence he is being taught how to coach by the other U18 coaches.  Which puts him a long long way from coaching the first team.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you'll find that Lewis Hamilton had to take a driving test just like you and me.  And SAF got his coaching badges while still a playe.
But it isn't really the point.  
Lampard isn't an employed coach, just one of many guys doing his badges.  Which puts him a long long way from coaching the first team.

JT is much further along. I'm sure he's close to finishing his badges. With his leadership qualities he's got everything that's needed to make it in coaching. 

He'd be a good replacement for Steve Holland. 

• Like 1