• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

"If I Was Roman Abramovich, I'd......."

1 hour ago, Ham said:

JT is much further along. I'm sure he's close to finishing his badges. With his leadership qualities he's got everything that's needed to make it in coaching. 

He'd be a good replacement for Steve Holland. 

Would love to see JT as a number 2. His passion would rub off and a great stepping stone.

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

My bad. Had convinced myself it  was spelt  without the" H". 

How have I not known that these last 15 years? 

/Sigh.... it's the least you could do after £1bil of investment ;-)

• Haha 1

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lampard isn't an employed coach, just one of many guys doing his badges.  In essence he is being taught how to coach by the other U18 coaches.  Which puts him a long long way from coaching the first team.

To be fair the so-called head coaches do little actual coaching, they have "people" to do that sort of thing. Although if you believe Conte he isn't allowed to do much managing either so it begs the question whether a thorough grounding in Football Manager is just as good a qualification as any other?

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

/Sigh.... it's the least you could do after £1bil of investment ;-)

Touché HM. Touché. 

Sea foot   

I'm pretty sure that everyone pronounces his name wrong. The emphasis should be on the "mo" rather than the "brom". Abra moh vich. Was told by a Russian co-worker yonks ago. Could be wrong though,been known to happen.

15 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I'm pretty sure that everyone pronounces his name wrong. The emphasis should be on the "mo" rather than the "brom". Abra moh vich. Was told by a Russian co-worker yonks ago. Could be wrong though,been known to happen.

I was told the same by a Russian friend of mine.

kev61   
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

.  In essence he is being taught how to coach by the other U18 coaches.

Do you not see how ridiculous this is!.He has been coached and managed by the best !.It's like asking a chef that has been trained by Gordon Ramsey and Michel Roux he has to go back to catering college before he can open a restaurant.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Do you not see how ridiculous this is!.He has been coached and managed by the best !.It's like asking a chef that has been trained by Gordon Ramsey and Michel Roux he has to go back to catering college before he can open a restaurant.

I'm only describing it as it is.  Unless you think SFL is teaching Jody Morris what to do.

kev61   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Unless you think SFL is teaching Jody Morris what to do.

Taken from the cryptic library of droy's imagination.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

The reality is though, that loads of players get coached by 'the best' (or, similar), and promptly disappear without trace.  Most never make it, and many 'make it' (i.e., get a gig) but fail in the job. Sorry, but who coached you as a player is pretty meaningless in this context.