• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

"If I Was Roman Abramovich, I'd......."

synavm   

Difficult to say if I was him, what I'd do since we don't know what limitations exist, however this would be a gist:

- Suspend Stamford Bridge extension plans temporarily and investigate what is happening with the CapCo Earls Court development, with a view to taking on some of the land- could be a far more appropriate and a more cost effective development. If it's a goer, trigger the CPO vote and put together plans for a 68,000 seater with focus on improving atmosphere and facilities and better spaces for egress. If Earls Court not a goer, look into possible sites in surrounding area, if still nothing around, proceed with Stamford Bridge plans but secure as much finance as possible.

- Limit net spend for next five seasons to £50 Million apart from one season, with a big cash injection of £200 Million

- Install Guus Hiddink as Director of Football

- Retain Conte

- Set up Transfer Committee formed of Abramovich, Hiddink, Conte, Marina, Buck. Include scouting team, Jody Morris and Guy Lawrence in meetings. Offer advisory roles to Frank Lampard and John Terry (once retired).

- Throw everything at keeping Hazard, with a big window aimed at bringing in at least one player of similar quality to Hazard 

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

Do you not see how ridiculous this is!.He has been coached and managed by the best !.It's like asking a chef that has been trained by Gordon Ramsey and Michel Roux he has to go back to catering college before he can open a restaurant.

It's just like any other form of teaching... no matter how good your own teachers were, and how good you were at retaining that information yourself, you still need to learn how to teach. That's why after doing a degree, those wishing to teach go on to do PGCEs.

Being able to do something (such as playing football at a high level) doesn't necessarily equate with the ability to coach others to do it. Teaching is a skill which needs to be learnt and honed just like any other skill.

Sciatika   
On 13/02/2018 at 2:19 PM, Bob Singleton said:

I was told the same by a Russian friend of mine.

Me too

If I was Roman Abramovich, I'd back my manager and buy the players he wants/needs. If I'd lost interest, or simply couldn't give a shit, then I'd make Marina the coach, and be done with it all.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

If I was Roman Abramovich, I'd back my manager and buy the players he wants/needs. If I'd lost interest, or simply couldn't give a ****, then I'd make Marina the coach, and be done with it all.

No budget then.

If I were Conte (or JM), I'd be hugely greatful for the set of players handed over to me by RA.  Doubly greatful for allowing me to buy Fabregas, Costa, Matic (perhaps), Pedro, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Morata.  

Seriously the idea that our managers have been short changed in terms of individual players (as opposed to squad size) is just nonsense.  We just won 2 PL titles by big margins based mostly on the strength of our players.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seriously the idea that our managers have been short changed in terms of individual players (as opposed to squad size) is just nonsense.  

Just as well that I didn't claim that they have been, isn't it?  Seriously.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just as well that I didn't claim that they have been, isn't it?  Seriously.

Good - I'm glad we agree that Conte has been privileged to manage our players.

Sea foot   

I must say Droy that I like your argument strategy. Accuse someone of saying something, they deny saying it, you say that they obviously agree with you then. Brilliant

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

I must say Droy that I like your argument strategy. Accuse someone of saying something, they deny saying it, you say that they obviously agree with you then. Brilliant

MT denies almost everything.  He has said RA should back his manager - but (rightly) denies he has said Conte has not been backed.  His views are so nuanced on pretty much everything that it takes a bit of challenging to work them out.

2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Goes back many, many years.