• Current Donation Goals

Sciatika   

As far as the team goes, I am in despair of getting back to the fluid goal scoring of last season. Part of me would like to revert to a more attacking formation, however, whatever AC says is good to me.

God knows what he'll do . Play Michy and risk injury when his sacrifice could land us Dzeko ?

How can the board have allowed this to happen ?

Every single side in the division has more striking options than we do , it's obscene.

Play Luiz as CF.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Rüdiger

Moses Kanté anyone who's fit Alonso

Musonda Batshuayi Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Zappacosta, Barkley, another fit midfielder, Willian, Hudson-Odoi

9 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Yeah you're right, I'd put Willian at RWB.

He should have been there a season ago - but we just don't have the AMs to get away with it.

Firstly, it could well be another fairly turgid, tense and low scoring game - I'm hopeful that in predicting this, that it isn't and we play brilliantly, slipping out of the form we're currently in and beat them by 3 or 4, probably not though.

They've two of the biggest centre-half pairings I've seen this season, in Dunk and Duffy and I can't see that getting the ball up to Michy is going to be anything less than pure folly for two reasons, they'll out jump and muscle him off the ball and secondly Michy doesn't seem to know how and when he needs to look after the ball and when/when not to try a fancy flick or trick.

If we are able to play with a fast, fluid front two, with Hazard or Fabregas in close support I could see us profit from this, in so much as we could pass and run around these two big lumps, however Conte has recently insisted on the three central midfielders sitting fairly deep. I think this stifles Cesc and he'd be better utilised 20 or 30 yard up the pitch playing 10-15 yard through ball type passes instead of the 30-40 yard 'hail-mary' type balls over the top.

I might even start Barkley (if he's 3/4 fit), see if we can get up by two or three, let him blow-out and substitute Luiz on to shore things up. However it wouldn't surprise me to see Luiz start and the opposite happen.

On a side note, does anyone have any ideas on any decent car-parking, somewhere within a mile or so of the ground? - Hate the park and ride affairs as they take sooooo long to get you away and back to the car.

If I've learnt one thing about our players it's that what they thrive on are games like this .

Early kick off 

Physical , defensive style 

Partisan atmosphere 

Striker a throwback to a lost era.

All that's missing is for one of our lot to come out and announce they know how tough things will be but they're ready and raring to go .

1-0 

If Conte knows he's leaving at the end of the season, why not just throw in some kids as the main players don't give a **** and are coasting through games, they know they will get picked regardless of how they perform.

Bats is hopeless, it's like watching strikers like Trevor allot,Robert fleck all over again ( I don't know how many on here remember them)...throw in Hudson-odi he can't do any worse.

For me Bats should be sent out on loan (never to return) or just sold, same with Bakayoko (whoever scouted him should be shot, the chairman at Monaco must have been laughing all the way to the bank).

I'm sick of Conte moaning about the size of the squad, if he hadn't have sent that text MAYBE Costa would still be here, and the board would have backed him.

They want conte gone, (what other reason are we not in for a decent striker? instead of Sanchez its Carroll, Lorente or Crouch, that's all the board will sanction).

If conte wants to play a game with a giant up front, why not stick willy in goal and play Courtois up top (he's probably as good as Bats)....

GURJ SS   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He should have been there a season ago - but we just don't have the AMs to get away with it.

I agree, Willian is very similar to players like Candreva, Felipe Anderson and Florenzi (I know it's a Serie A theme in that example but that league knows how to utilise wingbacks) all of which give their team a whole different dynamic in attack when played at RWB. We've got some top class talented defenders, and could easily get away with playing a much more attacking RWB than we currently do.

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

I'm sick of Conte moaning about the size of the squad, if he hadn't have sent that text MAYBE Costa would still be here, and the board would have backed him.

For me it's not so much Costa, but more the usable players out on loan.

We've got some experience out on loan in Pasalic and Van Ginkel(in my opinion they're better than Baka and DD or at least the same - which saves approx £55-60M), we've got young bright talent in Tammy, Palmer and RLC. Even if we just had the latter three, that would give us the opportunity to go with 3 AMs every game; start strong and put the game away then send on the young players to make their point to the manager and rest the senior players. It breeds competition into the team, and I'd rather have a young trio come through the ranks and only get sub apps to prove themselves while providing depth, instead of out helping other teams while our own squad is left dangling by a thread.

43 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I agree, Willian is very similar to players like Candreva, Felipe Anderson and Florenzi (I know it's a Serie A theme in that example but that league knows how to utilise wingbacks) all of which give their team a whole different dynamic in attack when played at RWB. We've got some top class talented defenders, and could easily get away with playing a much more attacking RWB than we currently do.

Essien, Le Saux, Young, Valencia, and loads loads more.