Sea foot   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not sure Doris Day was DD though  ;)

Would that be because you see her more as a CB Droy?😉

• Like 1

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Daisy Duck might dispute that.

Is that the love child of Daisy Duke and Donald Duck?

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Is that the love child of Daisy Duke and Donald Duck?

Had to google her.  I'm glad to say I know a lot more about Twizzle, Hagrid and early Walt Disney films than the Dukes of Hazard.

Edited by Droy was my hero

18 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

The most important thing here is not the formation or even necessarily who plays (although more than two attackers would be nice). It is how far up the pitch they play. Conte's Chelsea has tended to hold a much deeper line than Chelsea under previous managers against Arsenal, and it has caused problems in virtually all our fixtures against them.

Defend first and foremost, prodding and waiting for errors, fine. But do it with the defence up near the half-way line when possible or we'll get picked apart.

This is very difficult with the 352 as there is no pressing game at all without Pedro or Willian. I personally don't see any way that Willian is not in our best 11 and hope we see the 343 continue tomorrow. I would also like Cesc next to Kante as there is clearly enough protection behind him especially given Arsenal are likely to play Xhaka and Wilshere in the middle. We need to go for it as Conte has often handed the initiative to Arsenal by showing too much respect.

No Sanchez and Mkhitarian also unlikely to be ready. If we learned anything from the recent game at the Emirates it should be that their defence were absolutely petrified everytime we went forward, this game is there for the taking if we go for the throat from the start. 

Edited by samhoward17

14 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

This is very difficult with the 352 as there is no pressing game at all without Pedro or Willian. I personally don't see any way that Willian is not in our best 11 and hope we see the 343 continue tomorrow. I would also like Cesc next to Kante as there is clearly enough protection behind him especially given Arsenal are likely to play Xhaka and Wilshere in the middle. We need to go for it as Conte has often handed the initiative to Arsenal by showing too much respect.

No Sanchez and Mkhitarian also unlikely to be ready. If we learned anything from the recent game at the Emirates it should be that their defence were absolutely petrified everytime we went forward, this game is there for the taking if we go for the throat from the start. 

He's cup-tied according to a few reports I've seen (didn't really follow JM's selections that closely)

From our point of view, Morata and Fabregas are out injured, a couple of other (un-named) players Conte needs to check on, but Christensen is fit to play.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Morata and Cesc are out then according to Conte 

Yup......so looks like:

Courtois, Christensen, Cahill, Azpi, Alonso, Moses, Baka, Kante, Hazard, Willian, Batshuyai

I am hoping he doesn't play DD as the 3rd midfielder.

Subs from:

Willy, Luiz, Rudiger, DD, Zappa, Pedro, Musonda, Barkely

Christ, if we do sign the 2 Roma lads, we will have a proper squad. That is 19 players there, with 2 missing (Cesc and Morata)