• Current Donation Goals

So .......if Morata is now injured does that imply the real reason we are turning to Dzeko ?

Has he perhaps been playing whilst not fully fit ?

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Looks like I had a vision after all

Jinx more like! 

• Like 1

GURJ SS   

Does Tammy have a recall clause? As decent as Dzeko is, he'll just end up being a talent blocker by taking up a squad position next season.

38 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Does Tammy have a recall clause? As decent as Dzeko is, he'll just end up being a talent blocker by taking up a squad position next season.

Tammy has had a very tough season in a poor side. Personally think he needs another season out on loan at a side that actually has some form of attacking ability. Certainly not had the Christensen/ Courtois gold standard of loan yet although he has done okay considering. He's got to win his place back at Swansea before worrying about Dzeko blocking his Chelsea spot. 

18 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

Tammy has had a very tough season in a poor side. Personally think he needs another season out on loan at a side that actually has some form of attacking ability. Certainly not had the Christensen/ Courtois gold standard of loan yet although he has done okay considering. He's got to win his place back at Swansea before worrying about Dzeko blocking his Chelsea spot. 

Quite agree. Swansea have been poor at creating chances. They never properly replaced Siggurdson. As a result, Tammy has struggled, and Paul Clement being sacked didn't help.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

But that is the benefit in buying a 31 year old now, rather than a 25 year old. Dzeko is no long term threat to Tammy.

I can see Batshuyai being loaned or sold in the summer, so front 3 options next year of Morata, Dzeko and Tammy would be ideal IMO. 

25 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

I think he has been injured recently and back at Cobham for a week or two.  I don't think he is dropped, and am sure Swansea will want to keep him.  There were reports months ago that he had already reached the minimum number of pre-January starts the agreement required for Swansea to keep him the season.
I agree it has been a tough season for him.  I also agree his best interests will be with another PL side next season - but guessing which one will be hard.  A few months ago I'd have definitely have said Watford but certainly not Everton and absolutely not Palace.  There are now 11 clubs in a 6 point group at the bottom of the PL table, all of them are in a relegation fight.  

Exclude them and Everton and the top 6, and that makes the only smart choice clubs for a PL loan Burnley and Leicester.  (This season - who know who next season?)

GURJ SS   
18 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

He won't win his place back at Swansea no matter what he does(nor would any loan player), his squad status is a backup player to two strikers who will be Swansea's future; if all goes to plan. What we're doing with Dzeko is buying a backup player who won't play unless Morata is injured or we need to lump it into the box(which I agree with Hazard on, that we don't need a target man). Thing is if you've got a young player who's got genuine potential you won't be able to justify picking him over someone who's very experienced, it's not just about quality; you lose with a young lad upfront you get stick, you lose with an experienced Dzeko and you won't. I'd rather we start giving players who are promoted through the academy a chance instead of making penny pinching signings who are either at the end of their career or just not good enough, Dzeko is a good player but it's way too late in his career to make a difference.

GURJ SS   
14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

But that is the benefit in buying a 31 year old now, rather than a 25 year old. Dzeko is no long term threat to Tammy.

I can see Batshuyai being loaned or sold in the summer, so front 3 options next year of Morata, Dzeko and Tammy would be ideal IMO. 

We'll need another striker regardless, Dzeko isn't a real option; unless Conte plans on lumping it up as a tactic from minute 1 to 90. A top team needs at least 2 strikers fighting for a regular start and 1 who is able to play the cup games and weaker opposition. Tammy fits the cup games and weaker opposition, Dzeko definitely doesn't fit in the other 2 slots.

Unless Dzeko is coming here to use us as a retirement home, which is even worse; there's Everton or Stoke for that.