• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Newcastle United 0

Recommended Posts

 

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our F.A. Cup 4th Round match against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30, Sunday, 28th January, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Really hope some common sense is applied with this one. Some players need a day off

Willy, Luiz, Cahill, Ampadu, Zappa, "LWB not Alonso", Drinkwater, Fabregas, Pedro, Musonda, Batsuhyai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give the kids who beat Oxford a day out . Everyone else is either knackered , injured or playing through injury.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be rotation in this one, regardless of who Conte trusts, he needs to let players have a rest.

Willy

Ampadu Luiz Cahill

Sterling Drinkwater Fabgregas Zappa

Pedro Bats Musonda

Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Barkley, Scott, Kante, Hazard, Morata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Give the kids who beat Oxford a day out . Everyone else is either knackered , injured or playing through injury.

 

 

you know what, if Conte and the club had collectively stated on 1 September that we didn't have the squad to fight on 4 fronts, and as a result, Musonda, Sterling Ampadu, etc would be starting in the domestic cups, whilst Hazard, Morata, Azpilicueta etc wouldn't be involved, then I don't know many who would have been upset with that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   

We have already paid the cost for trying to fight on four fronts with a too thin squad. Now that we are out of the two other domestic competitions, should we skip the last one? Does not make sense in my book.

Caballero - Ampadu Luiz Cahill - Zappacosta Drinkwater Bakayoko Pedro - Fabregas Batshuayi Musonda 

That team should be superior to Newcastle, but still lets us rest 10/11 that can start against Bournemouth three days later:

Courtois - Azpi Christensen Rudiger - Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso - Hazard Morata Willian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea who will play,maybe..

caballero,Luiz,Ampadu,Cahill or Rudiger,Zappacosta,Drinkwater,Bakayoko,Pedro,Musonda,Barkley,bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   

Would be shocked if Newcastle don’t rest players as premier league survival is imperative for them.  I’d like to see;

                           Courtois

               Ampadu   Luiz.  Cahill

   Sterling  Bakayoko. Drinkwater Alonso

          Barkley.   Michy.   Musonda 

 

Big guns on the bench (Hazard, Kante, Christensen, Pedro etc) along with Hudson-Odoi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Would be shocked if Newcastle don’t rest players as premier league survival is imperative for them.  I’d like to see;

                           Courtois

               Ampadu   Luiz.  Cahill

   Sterling  Bakayoko. Drinkwater Alonso

          Barkley.   Michy.   Musonda 

 

Big guns on the bench (Hazard, Kante, Christensen, Pedro etc) along with Hudson-Odoi 

I'd play Zappa out of position on the left and tell Alonso to spend the day in bed.

I hope there are no big guns on the bench as if there are and we're not winning 5-0 by 60 minutes Conte will bring them on.

Eduardo, Rüdiger, Moses, Fabregas, Pedro, Scott and Hudson-Odoi with hopefully the last two and some fitness work for Fabregas being our subs.

Plus, it's been said before but if we lose this game we'll have an 8 day break to prepare for the home leg against Barcelona. Our sleep-deprived head coach could do with that break.

Edited by chiswickblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
34 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I'd play Zappa out of position on the left and tell Alonso to spend the day in bed.

I hope there are no big guns on the bench as if there are and we're not winning 5-0 by 60 minutes Conte will bring them on.

Eduardo, Rüdiger, Moses, Fabregas, Pedro, Scott and Hudson-Odoi with hopefully the last two and some fitness work for Fabregas being our subs.

Plus, it's been said before but if we lose this game we'll have an 8 day break to prepare for the home leg against Barcelona. Our sleep-deprived head coach could do with that break.

Tricky one because on the other hand this is the only competition we stand a decent chance of winning this season. 

But yeah, definitely agree about Zappa on the left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.