• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tucker

Emerson Palmieri

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

How is he supposed to use the guy when he's not Alex Sandro? 

And why use Giroud when he asked for Dzeko? 

Must be great being part of this squad!

Are you being sarcastic? I can't make it out?

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Are you being sarcastic? I can't make it out?

Obviously mate. 

Seriously, the way our squad is being dealt with is particularly irritating. 

Emerson is just joining that long list of players who will never see any reasonable amount of game time.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Obviously mate. 

Seriously, the way our squad is being dealt with is particularly irritating. 

Emerson is just joining that long list of players who will never see any reasonable amount of game time.

Then yes, I agree. 

Moan all season about squad size, then leave the new ones on the bench. Bizarre. 

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Then yes, I agree. 

Moan all season about squad size, then leave the new ones on the bench. Bizarre. 

To play devil's advocate, he needed these players on the 1st July, not late January. And preferably they'd arrive fully fit, not off the back of a serious injury.

Whilst we theoretically have the same number of senior players as most of our rivals, several have arrived so late and arrived unfit, so aren't of much use.

Add to that, when you really need the squad is from after the November international window until the end of January. From late January onwards you only have midweek games if you're still in cup competitions. He didn't have the fit players he needed when he needed them. Why would he rest Alonso when the next game is a week away?

(Of course he should rotate even if there is a good rest between matches, as this lack of rotation alienated several squad players last season).

My issue with Conte and the squad is not so much of misuse, as it's clear that he's been dealt a poor hand by our 'board'. The issue is that he knew what he was getting into and should have spent more time doing what he says he does (improving the players he has) or thinking of more imaginative ways to dismiss questions in press conferences. I've been watching all his press conferences recently and it's not a language issue, he really is trying to make a point to the board (or more likely to future employers) that he's not happy with what he has and has done the best he could do in the circumstances. This is terrible for the club's reputation and for the morale of the players - they're just about good enough for top 6, nothing more. He's concentrated on absolving himself and looking forward to working at a more ambitious club in the near future. He did get the most out of our squad last season in favourable circumstances but this year he definitely has not. If I was the owner of PSG, Real or Bayern and had been watching closely I would be very unimpressed with what I've seen.

20 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Whilst we theoretically have the same number of senior players as most of our rivals, several have arrived so late and arrived unfit, so aren't of much use.

This.  Morata, Hazard, Willian to all intents, Luiz have all been out or out of sorts for significant periods so far.  They are 5 out of the first 13.

Baka recently ( and I'd suspect he was carrying something he was playing so awfully ) Drinkwater Barkley have not been available for periods.  

35 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Add to that, when you really need the squad is from after the November international window until the end of January. From late January onwards you only have midweek games if you're still in cup competitions. He didn't have the fit players he needed when he needed them. Why would he rest Alonso when the next game is a week away?

(Of course he should rotate even if there is a good rest between matches, as this lack of rotation alienated several squad players last season).

Yes yes.

jangz   
15 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

How is he supposed to use the guy when he's not Alex Sandro? 

And why use Giroud when he asked for Dzeko? 

Must be great being part of this squad!

its better than having zappacosta as an LB or a knackered Alonso.. none of these have been cheap anyhow..