• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tucker

Olivier Giroud

JaneB   

Someone just sent me this. So I'm not the only one who thinks they're twins.

image.jpeg

A cut price Forward who would struggle to get into a strong Chelsea side. As desperate as Arsenal are they pretty much bit our hand for this one; no controversies no arguments. May be he will prove me wrong but he needs the ball at his feet whereas we expect him to get some balls as well.

Not excited about this one, pretty sure it is another Board signing.

1 hour ago, earthshine said:

A cut price Forward who would struggle to get into a strong Chelsea side. As desperate as Arsenal are they pretty much bit our hand for this one; no controversies no arguments. May be he will prove me wrong but he needs the ball at his feet whereas we expect him to get some balls as well.

He's very good in the air too.

2 hours ago, earthshine said:

What did you expect another 100m galatico?

I reckon this is a decent signing, especially for the money and a January window.

He has 73 goals from 180 games in the Premier League which is a decent return.

With the concerns over Morata's form and injuries I think he can do a job for us.

9 hours ago, earthshine said:

With one striker in front of him I will back him to play a significant role. Like you said,  in a strong Chelsea side he would not feature - but this is no strong Chelsea side. 

Even with Morata fit, he can still feature because, unlike Costa, when Morata isn't scoring he contributes little  so he is vulnerable.

Kezza   

Finally we have a striker who can stand his ground and show some steel instead of falling to the ground easily, deliberately, by accident or just pure clumsy. 

14 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Finally we have a striker who can stand his ground and show some steel instead of falling to the ground easily, deliberately, by accident or just pure clumsy. 

He'll also help our defence immeasurably! Instead of the GK passing to a centre-back and allowing ourselves to be pressed deep in our own half, we'll at last have someone who, if the keeper decides to hoof the ball up field, can hold it up.

Kezza   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

He'll also help our defence immeasurably! Instead of the GK passing to a centre-back and allowing ourselves to be pressed deep in our own half, we'll at last have someone who, if the keeper decides to hoof the ball up field, can hold it up.

Not sure that's a positive point so much. I appreciate the team trying change to play the ball from defence. It really makes for better watching than the old tactics of the past of hoofing. I want to see us play more like City or Spurs more than the current Utd. That said a strong striker up front does not immediately mean the team should play hoof ball. 

Good signing.  Can hold the ball up as well as score goals.  Better than Peter Crouch, Andy Carroll or Batshuayi any day.  He may also give Morata a kick up the backside as well, to start performing or else.  Hazard is not a centre forward or a false number 9