• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tucker

Olivier Giroud

I rate Giroud and given a run think he will do ok, he has had a little time to work with Conte and hopefully understand whats needed. He needs to grab the chance as one of the reasons to move was for more chances and international opportunities.

41 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Problem is Diego Costa was Giroud and Morata moulded into one. We had to buy two players to replace one and he still hasn’t been replaced. 

Yup - more aggression than either despite being smaller than both.  As much technique as either.  And as few Red cards as both in many more games.  Fewer injuries too.  His colleagues clearly loved him more too.  Said he'd only play for 2 teams, AM or Chelsea.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Bet he goes to China when AM are finished with his services 

A lot of people were certain he was off to China last season too.  

AM kept Torres till he was 34 - which is about 6 years after most of us thought Torres was finished. 

Besides there is very little money left in China, the leagues have settled, no one wants to break the bank to challenge the leaders any more.  Which no doubt is why Torres went to Japan, not China. 

I don't think he's having a good time at Madrid at the moment. Last time I heard anything which was a few weeks back I'm sure the report said he hadn't scored in something like eighteen games.

I expect United will be in for him soon. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think he's having a good time at Madrid at the moment. Last time I heard anything which was a few weeks back I'm sure the report said he hadn't scored in something like eighteen games.

I expect United will be in for him soon. 

This is the kind of thing we heard when he was here to. The thing is, whilst he may not be scoring I bet he is still manhandeling the two CB's/running into space to draw then nearest defender, which in turn creates space for everyone else. It is what me a Droy used to bang on about when he was in his dry spells and everyone would start crying about him being a "half a season" player.

Essentially Costa is a very selfless team player who is one of about three players at the elite level currently that can play as a lone CF position properly. The others being Lewandowski and depending on who you talk to Icardi, although he is debatable.