• Current Donation Goals

BlueFizz   

I just hope for two things:

1. Giroud picked if Morata not fit.

2. No Cahill (Sorry Gary, great servant to the club etc etc)

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

I just hope for two things:

1. Giroud picked if Morata not fit.

2. No Cahill (Sorry Gary, great servant to the club etc etc)

Unfortunately with Christensen and Luiz out there's no chance of Cahill not playing.

I'd like to see 4-3-3 with Courtois; Azpi, Rüdiger, Cahill, Alonso; Fabregas, Kanté, Drinkwater; Pedro, Giroud, Hazard

Next best thing would be 3-4-3 with Courtois; Azpi, Cahill, Rüdiger; Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso; Pedro, Giroud, Hazard.

BlueFizz   
12 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Unfortunately with Christensen and Luiz out there's no chance of Cahill not playing.

I'd like to see 4-3-3 with Courtois; Azpi, Rüdiger, Cahill, Alonso; Fabregas, Kanté, Drinkwater; Pedro, Giroud, Hazard

Next best thing would be 3-4-3 with Courtois; Azpi, Cahill, Rüdiger; Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso; Pedro, Giroud, Hazard.

I like your 4.3.3.

I haven't seen our press conf. Is Luis still out?

Conte saying Morata is out and Giroud may not be ready to start... the whole letting Bats leave has worked out really well so far.

Why isn't Giroud ready? He can't be any worse than our offering against Bournemouth.

25 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Conte saying Morata is out and Giroud may not be ready to start... the whole letting Bats leave has worked out really well so far.

Why isn't Giroud ready? He can't be any worse than our offering against Bournemouth.

Giroud's farewell 14 minutes against Swansea were his first appearance since the 16th December.

Conte said he had to check on two situations - which later appeared to indicate Willian and Luiz as both could possibly return, possibly on the bench.

So probably: Courtois, Azpi, Cahill, Rüdiger, Zappacosta, Fabregas/Bakayoko, Kanté, Alonso, Pedro, Hazard, Barkley

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Moses/Emerson, Drinkwater, Fabregas/Bakayoko, Willian, Giroud

Hudson-Odoi has looked more likely to make things happen than Barkley in their recent cameos but I'd be very surprised if Conte picked the 17 year old with 2 senior appearances ahead of the 24 year old with 199 senior appearances.

GURJ SS   

Antonio Conte has confirmed that duo Alvaro Morata and Andreas Christensen will both miss Monday’s trip to Watford.

Spanish striker Morata has been sidelined recently with a back problem, while Christensen was withdrawn in the first half of our defeat to Bournemouth through injury.

Neither will recover in time for Monday’s clash at Vicarage Road, although the boss reported that he hopes to see them both return soon. The Italian also confirmed that he has a couple of other players he needs to assess before the game.

‘Alvaro is still out,’ Conte said. ‘He has a problem in his back, he’s missing a lot of games and that’s not a good situation for him, for me or for the team. But I hope in the future we can solve this problem and I hope to have him back soon.

‘For Christensen, his first exam on his injury was positive but we have to wait, but for sure he’s out against Watford.

‘I then have to check a couple of situations before the game. Today is Friday and we have a couple of days to check on these players before we play Watford on Monday.’

Antonio was asked at his press conference whether new additions, Olivier Giroud and Emerson Palmieri, could be involved against Javi Gracia’s side.

The duo arrived at Stamford Bridge before the window closed – from Arsenal and Roma respectively – but the boss has stated that neither player will be rushed into the team, as they begin to work with their new team-mates.

‘We have to wait because don’t forget, especially with Palmieri, we are talking about a player who is coming back from a bad injury and has only played one game in the Italian cup,' said Conte.

‘Olivier was out for 50 days or so with a muscular injury before he played against Swansea [for Arsenal]. We have to get these players in to the best physical condition and then work with them to get them used to our way of playing.

‘Giroud we are starting to work with him but we have to check his physical condition, but it won’t be easy to see him from the start [against Watford].’

BlueFizz   

I was going to express annoyance with Conte's caution - the usual stuff about a new player not being ready.

But then, I read that Giroud's 15 mins on Tuesday were his first start since Mid- December.

So, I won't do that.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He wouldn't have picked Batshuyai anyway, so him leaving made no difference. 

In years to come other teams will employ the same tactics as our director of Football (former PA) Marina by hoovering up all the injured players in Europe and then where will we be ?

Barkley - long term injury

Palmieri - recovering from ACL

Bakayoko - recovering from ACL

Drinkwater - recovering from injury 

Giroud - recovering from injury 

You can't say she hasn't got a method.

Add to that their dubious quality when fit and you can understand why he has the hump.