• Current Donation Goals

jones   

So Christensen and Morata are out, and Giroud is unlikely to start. What's obvious is that it is not enough with only three of our proper attacking players available, Fabregas, Willian, Pedro and Hazard - they all need to start. Time for a change. I'd start where we left off the last 20 against Bournemouth, and go 4-3-3:

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Rudiger Alonso

Bakayoko Kanté Fabregas

Willian Hazard Pedro

Bench: Caballero, Luiz, Palmieri, Drinkwater, Barkley, Moses/Hudson-Odoi, Giroud

31 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

We're a physiotherapy clinic with on-site football facilities. 

Perhaps - but you'd have to admit it is a clinic with a tremendous track record in avoiding injuries at the club.
Sadly though nearly all our loanees go on to have bad injuries away.

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

We're a physiotherapy clinic with on-site football facilities. 

I may be disturbing ground best left undisturbed, but I seem to recall our injury record being much better under while the gorgeous Eva. Or does my memory deceive me?

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

In years to come other teams will employ the same tactics as our director of Football (former PA) Marina by hoovering up all the injured players in Europe and then where will we be ?

Barkley - long term injury

Palmieri - recovering from ACL

Bakayoko - recovering from ACL

Drinkwater - recovering from injury 

Giroud - recovering from injury 

You can't say she hasn't got a method.

Add to that their dubious quality when fit and you can understand why he has the hump.

it aint a new thing either. Whatever happened to pato for instance ? We needed a striker desperately and bought him in the Jan window. He was about as fit as my mum for a football match ( which we knew), we paid him lots of wages and I'm not sure if he ever kicked a ball. What is our thought process for signings like these?

Jasonb   

Someone on the shedend forum has suggested we are doing certain agents a favour.

Not sure myself yet agree something is strange.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

In years to come other teams will employ the same tactics as our director of Football (former PA) Marina by hoovering up all the injured players in Europe and then where will we be ?

Palmieri - recovering from ACL

Add to that their dubious quality when fit and you can understand why he has the hump.

Maybe when she ran the player search on Football Manager they weren't listed as injured?

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Palmier I - recovering from ACL

Reads well.  However
Barkley was a player we have been very interested in for a long time (if one believes the rumours) and in fact we took advantage of the injury.  

Palmieri much the same - we have been looking for LB apparently for a long time, and it seems likely that Palmieri was a strong candidate only injured in the summer.  That is two players bought half a season late because the club waited to get them fit.
He has been on the bench since 3 months ago, just only used once.  Suggesting that the deal has been in suspension for a long time.  And if fit in early November he is surely fit now, if not match fit.

Bakayoko - what ACL is that?  He played the last game for Monaco on May 20 and had an op on his meniscus (not ACL) soon after.  It had been bothering him since 2015.  A clean up - something he had played with for 2 years.  Nothing major, a standard op for footballers.  And he started on August 20th for us.

Drinkwater made 4 appearances for Leicester in late July and was on the bench on Sept 9th.  Any injury he had must have been pretty minor.

Giroud - hamstring injury - nothing major.  Came on as sub the day before we bought him.

So the only serious injuries are for players who we delayed buying until a couple of months after they were fit to play.

Actually the right conclusion from your post is that the tiny squad of September is half explained by us buying 2 players in January who in hindsight were clearly meant to be bought in August, but we waited.  
You can see why Conte has never complained all season long.

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Reads well.  However
Barkley was a player we have been very interested in for a long time (if one believes the rumours) and in fact we took advantage of the injury.  

Palmieri much the same - we have been looking for LB apparently for a long time, and it seems likely that Palmieri was a strong candidate only injured in the summer.  That is two players bought half a season late because the club waited to get them fit.
He has been on the bench since 3 months ago, just only used once.  Suggesting that the deal has been in suspension for a long time.  And if fit in early November he is surely fit now, if not match fit.

Bakayoko - what ACL is that?  He played the last game for Monaco on May 20 and had an op on his meniscus (not ACL) soon after.  It had been bothering him since 2015.  A clean up - something he had played with for 2 years.  Nothing major, a standard op for footballers.  And he started on August 20th for us.

Drinkwater made 4 appearances for Leicester in late July and was on the bench on Sept 9th.  Any injury he had must have been pretty minor.

Giroud - hamstring injury - nothing major.  Came on as sub the day before we bought him.

So the only serious injuries are for players who we delayed buying until a couple of months after they were fit to play.

Actually the right conclusion from your post is that the tiny squad of September is half explained by us buying 2 players in January who in hindsight were clearly meant to be bought in August, but we waited.  
You can see why Conte has never complained all season long.

Bakayoko , the meniscus ? Isn't that the covering part of the ACL ? I'm wrong in that case then but my boss had eight weeks off from work and six months of physio after he tore his. Not the ideal preparation for a season in a new more physical league.

Bakayoko started , you are 100% correct , he had to , Kante was injured.

Giroud came on to save farewell to the gooners who adore him .

Anyway , the point was , they weren't ready to play and they were mediocre to begin with.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bakayoko , the meniscus ? Isn't that the covering part of the ACL ? I'm wrong in that case then but my boss had eight weeks off from work and six months of physio after he tore his. Not the ideal preparation for a season in a new more physical league.

No.  You can fix a meniscus as I understand it or just cut it or part of it out.  I guess the difference is whether you get paid £50k a week plus or are worried about Arthritis when you get old.
Essentially Baka was fit on arrival.  And physically very impressive in his first few games if you recall.

So were all the others on your list when they arrived.  

Mediocre?  Any more mediocre than Alonso appeared to be when he arrived?