• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Antonio Valencia has just gotten away with kicking Atsu in the face. A full 6ft off the ground. 

Either fraud or incompetence. 

Two words , Craig Pawson.

Hand picked and fast tracked by the grossly incompetent Mike Riley.

Birds of a feather.

For me neither of Bakas was a yellow, the pen wasn't a pen, and a blatant foul on Hazard on the lead up to their goal wasn't given. Apart from that the ref had a great game. 

Blue Rod   
On 11/02/2018 at 1:37 AM, kev61 said:

So if I interpret your post correctly you were a fan of emenalo?.I admit I don't  know much of what goes on off the pitch I can only speculate.Am I right in thinking you blame Conte for our current plight?.I must be out of the loop I didn't even know Wilkins is a drunk..

Wilkins was our youngest captain and came across as a very nice bloke.If he is talking crap maybe that has to do with the dreaded drink?

I am no fanboy of anyone. And whatever Ray Wilkins did or didn't do for Chelsea is completely irrelevant to this debate about why we are not performing to our best this season. 

Emenalo was around at the time when we won every trophy possible, no matter the manager. We became the highest ranked club in Europe during his tenure. His ability to spot young talents speaks for itself. So he must have at least perfected the art of staying out of the way (for which he at least deserves credit)

So tell me; how is Emenalo reponsible for a squad that has Hazard, Kante, Christensen, etc etc,  at al, failing to beat Watford and Bournemouth? Please tell me. 

kev61   
9 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I am no fanboy of anyone. And whatever Ray Wilkins did or didn't do for Chelsea is completely irrelevant to this debate about why we are not performing to our best this season. 

Emenalo was around at the time when we won every trophy possible, no matter the manager. We became the highest ranked club in Europe during his tenure. His ability to spot young talents speaks for itself. So he must have at least perfected the art of staying out of the way (for which he at least deserves credit)

So tell me; how is Emenalo reponsible for a squad that has Hazard, Kante, Christensen, etc etc,  at al, failing to beat Watford and Bournemouth? Please tell me. 

You are reading too much into my post.I was genuinely asking questions - I have no opinion of Emenalo because I have no clue what his role was,and it's becoming increasingly blurred what a manager's/head coach role is.

Blue Rod   
On 15/02/2018 at 0:57 AM, kev61 said:

You are reading too much into my post.I was genuinely asking questions - I have no opinion of Emenalo because I have no clue what his role was,and it's becoming increasingly blurred what a manager's/head coach role is.

I just think it's unfair for people who should know better to throw blame about without any logic or sense. 

As far as I understand, the director of football's role is to look at the long term direction of the club in terms of player development and investment in players. He doesn't hold the purse or provide the money to sign players.

That we are being priced out of signing top players had nothing to do with Emenalo. He didn't stand in the way of signing top players in the past, so why would that suddenly change. The fact that the owner is having to solve this little headache of financing a £1bn SB rebuild seems to be lost on many. 

Far too often people in the football bubble only look at things from a manager's point of view. My take on our relative underperformance this season is that Conte needs to talk to his players, get back in good terms with the dressing room. We don't have the squad to win the league. But us rolling over for Watford and Bournemouth has little to do with Emenalo or even Mr Abramovich