• Current Donation Goals

jones   
4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

And that is exactly why you and I don't see eye to eye on this subject. 

Keeping your best attacking  players on the bench and playing 7 defensive ones, then bringing on the cavalry towards the end of the match just doesn't make sense to me.

I'd much rather start our best players especially against teams like Watford at home, smash them up and then bring on more defensive players to see out the game.

Spot on!

If Christensen is out and Luiz isn't fully match fit, surely it makes sense to try something different and go to a 433 or 4231? Azpi, Cahill, Rudiger & Alonso would be fine as a back 4.

Anyone else think Conte is just giving Morata his winter break, to allow him to come back stronger for the final push?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

41 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Anyone else think Conte is just giving Morata his winter break, to allow him to come back stronger for the final push?

Of course.  He'll get a game before Barca, probably not the cup game, come off after 60 mins and be available.
Christensen the same.  Whereas if we are really short of players, Luiz will be put on whatever his condition is, because right now he is expendable.
I'd like to think Fabregas is doing the same, but I'm never really sure what Conte thinks of him.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If Christensen is out and Luiz isn't fully match fit, surely it makes sense to try something different and go to a 433 or 4231? Azpi, Cahill, Rudiger & Alonso would be fine as a back 4.

It makes complete sense, it won't happen though.

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It makes complete sense, it won't happen though.

No, I don't think it will happen either and that will be incredibly frustrating as I really think the team could do with a bit of a shake up after Bournemouth. I fear it will just be more of the same.

Important game for us tonight. Yesterdays result has given us an opportunity to put distance between us and Spurs (2 points above liverpool is hardly worth mentioning.) and perhaps claw back the goal deficit with Liverpool. But with this squad can we trust them to do it? I'm not sure I think with the innevitable new manager bounce back I fear it will be a point apiece at best.

asvaberg   

This is a must-win, both for the 4th place but also for the team as a group!

FWIW The team coach has literally just shown up at the ground. It’s at least 30 minutes later than the team usually shows up. 

Not the best start?

Chelsea team: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Bakayoko, Kante, Zappacosta; Willian, Hazard, Pedro.

Chelsea subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Emerson, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud