• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

Watch sky concentrate on the WBA penalty for the full 15 minutes and then on SSN on the hour until easter. 

The failure to red card one of them for the Zappa foul will be given lip service. 

DannyLB   
6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

giroud doing ok in his new team

I agree. Had a good chance to score but he’s proving a handful otherwise. 

chelboy   

Much better with Cesc in the team. Some silly moments from a few players when in possession with the ball. When our back 3 is deep with the ball they have to bring it out better. They are just launching the ball. Wasting possession.

Awful first 20m.  Moses promoting Zappacosta into first choice RWB.
Whole team defending far too deep - no one challenged unless 30 yards from our goal.

Then perhaps we started deliberately to press.  Or perhaps it was just happenstance with Pedro nicking the ball a couple of times, and Giroud once.  Anyway WBA found themselves losing the ball in their own half, and stopped playing the aggressive football that they (and Watford and Bournemouth) had found so productive.
From 20 to 30 mins, the shot count went from 1-3 to 8-4 and more or less (we hope at h/t) the game was won.

Awful foul on Zappacosta - deserved a Red.

4 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I agree. Had a good chance to score but he’s proving a handful otherwise. 

taking a beating though

DannyLB   
1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

taking a beating though

He sure is, poor guy. But he’s putting his body on the line, I’m sure everyone can appreciate that. 

Giroud is a proper centre forward and having him there has made a big difference.

Rob B   

Giroud been busy, and will improve with more game time.  Playing a proper striker gets so much more from Pedro and Hazard too.  We’ve been much improved but still not quite 100% - you can see the nerves are still there, and that’s why we need another goal or two. 

Massive improvement needed at full back next season though. Moses just really ain’t up to it unfortunately. I’ll let him off the mistaken header, it’s the attacks he breaks down that frustrate me 

JaneB   

One never enough though, would love Giroud to score.......but anyone!