• Current Donation Goals

34 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Have to admit I was a bit surprised/disappointed that he didn't appear on the touchline with a big green '33' by his head after the 2nd or 3rd goals went in.  Seemed like a perfect opportunity to give him a few fairly easy minutes. 

Maybe he was desperate not to screw it up by playing a relative unknown so quickly. He really needed that win and what was on the pitch was doing the job, dont fix what aint broke at the at moment

bert19   
5 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe he was desperate not to screw it up by playing a relative unknown so quickly. He really needed that win and what was on the pitch was doing the job, dont fix what aint broke at the at moment

Yeh, quite possible I suppose.  

That was far from a great performance and we looked defensively poor at times. Rodriguez messed up a great chance first half and Rondon(?) messed up a great chance after robbing Christensen second half. 

2 superb goals from Hazard aside, I feel like we have a lot of improvements to make to stay in the top 4 this season.

Giroud I thought made us a lot better and more focused going forward than having Hazard as a 9. Still we need more than this IMO and I really hope we find our bottle to see out the season.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

And yet Palmieri hasn't appeared yet, notwithstanding he was playing for Roma immediately before his transfer. Another example of a player needing a month or two of mindwashing into the Conte way of doing things before he is allowed out on his own? In the meantime we play Zappacosta at left back.

Conte does like his mindwashing. 

I think Zappacosta is fine at LB, though makes more of a difference at RB.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte does like his mindwashing. 

I think Zappacosta is fine at LB, though makes more of a difference at RB.

have you seen zappo cross in with his left foot yet? If the answer to that is no it's probably because he can't. 

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

That was far from a great performance and we looked defensively poor at times. Rodriguez messed up a great chance first half and Rondon(?) messed up a great chance after robbing Christensen second half. 

2 superb goals from Hazard aside, I feel like we have a lot of improvements to make to stay

Given we were comjng off two losses against lower table opposition it was always likely to be a jittery game until we went 3 up. Was anyone really expecting us to come out full of confidence? Unfortunately had to miss the game so judging on what I've read here, promising to hear hazard coming out with a performance when the chips are down as we rely on him so much (although that itself is a problem) which he doesn' always produce 

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

have you seen zappo cross in with his left foot yet? If the answer to that is no it's probably because he can't. 

Yes - and it was a better cross than anything Moses has made this season.  In fact it landed right on to the head of the incoming Moses.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

its mad he is on the left we have to hope Palmieri gets fit soon to support Alonso 

7 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

its mad he is on the left we have to hope Palmieri gets fit soon to support Alonso 

I wouldn't mind betting he makes his début on Friday

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, Holymoly said:

And yet Palmieri hasn't appeared yet, notwithstanding he was playing for Roma immediately before his transfer. Another example of a player needing a month or two of mindwashing into the Conte way of doing things before he is allowed out on his own? In the meantime we play Zappacosta at left back.

He's played 16 minutes in Serie A and 90 minutes in the Coppa Italia, both appearances coming in December. 

Not playing straight away isn't a foreign concept in sport. Coaches have their methods on what is the best way to integrate a new player into their new team - some will go with the sink or swim approach, others will allow players to learn the teams system, plays, and tactical instructions for their role. Which often provides a new player the best platform for them to be successful.