• Current Donation Goals

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, but that's just plain silly. 

Without Hazard would an outsider be able to tell who was fourth and who was the bottom team? Was there a noticeable difference in class? 

Of course over a season we are better than Brom but right now our level and our confidence is so low that only Hazard is making the difference between us and bottom half teams.

We could have easily lost that match. If that early goal chance (which he messed up dreadfully) had gone in, I reckon our wheels could have come off. And twice more we gifted them fantastic chances, and bear in mind they lost Sturridge in the first minute!

I am encouraged by glimpses of what Giroud can do for us, and Morata after his miracle recovery looked lively, but consistently this season I have seen lowly teams match us man for man and sometimes beat us.  That is what's plain silly.

paulw66   
On 12/02/2018 at 10:56 PM, James Prescott said:

Christensen - wow. Best defender we have. Calm, great on the ball, solid defensively and good passer. As soon as Cahill replaced him our defence looked more vulnerable. Shock horror.

James, I am not going to argue that Cahill is better than Christensen; he isn't. I am big a fan of AC, the best young centre half in Europe.

However, with AC on the field, West Brom had a few chances, and should have taken the lead at 0-0 and could have equalised at 1-0. To suggest our defending was more vulnerable after the change is quite simply incorrect.