• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx

Performance Review: Mid-season Edition

xCELERYx   

With there being somewhat a divide on here between what our issues have been this season - some in the camp that say the players we have simply aren't good enough or haven't pulled their weight, others feeling it's purely at the hands of Conte - his 343/352 system and other managerial aspects.

Now that the January window has closed, I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone here rates the performance levels of each individual player at the mid-way point of the season out of 10 - then provide an overall rating for each area of the team (GK, DEF, WB, MID, AM & ST). I've also included Conte and the Board as other areas to provide a rating for. 

I've divided the players up into the positional groups they've generally featured within. For those who either haven't played, haven't played enough games overall, or have only recently just signed for us in the January window, I've gone ahead and excused them from a rating "(-)". For the remaining, one simply needs to copy and paste the below list and fill in their rating out of 10 replacing the "x". Naturally, "10/10" would translate to an exceptional standard, "1/10" would be the lowest of lows. 

I hope this may generate some solid discussion, but also provide a visual insight into how each of us actually view the overall performances we've seen from each player this season to date, along with Conte and the board, by putting a rating next to their name. 

Goalkeepers - (x/10)

• Courtois - (x/10)
  • Caballero - (x/10)
  • Eduardo - (-)

Defence - (x/10)

• Cahill - (x/10)
  • Luiz - (x/10)
  • Azpilicueta - (x/10)
  • Christensen - (x/10)
  • Rudiger - (x/10)
  • Ampadu - (x/10)

Wing-Back- (x/10)

• Alonso - (x/10)
  • Moses - (x/10)
  • Zappacosta - (x/10)
  • Emerson - (x/10)
  • Kenedy - (x/10)

Midfield - (x/10)

• Kante  - (x/10)
  • Bakayoko - (x/10)
  • Fabregas - (x/10)
  • Drinkwater - (x/10)

Attacking Midfield - (x/10)

• Hazard - (x/10)
  • Willian - (x/10)
  • Pedro - (x/10)
  • Barkley - (-)
  • Musonda - (-/10)
  • Boga  - (-)
  • Hudson-Odoi - (-)

Strikers - (x/10)

• Morata - (x/10)
  • Batshuayi - (x/10)
  • Giroud - (x/10)

Other

• Conte - (x/10)
  • Board - (x/10)
  • Like 1

Goalkeepers - (x/10)

• Courtois - (6/10)
  • Caballero - (7/10)
  • Eduardo - (-)

Defence - (x/10)

• Cahill - (3/10)
  • Luiz - (5/10)
  • Azpilicueta - (8/10)
  • Christensen - (9/10)
  • Rudiger - (7/10)
  • Ampadu - (6/10)

Wing-Back- (x/10)

• Alonso - (7/10)
  • Moses - (5/10)
  • Zappacosta - (6/10)
  • Emerson - (0/10)
  • Kenedy - (6/10)

Midfield - (x/10)

• Kante  - (6/10)
  • Bakayoko -3/10)
  • Fabregas - (6/10)
  • Drinkwater - (6/10)

Attacking Midfield - (x/10)

• Hazard - (8/10)
  • Willian - (7/10)
  • Pedro - 6/10)
  • Barkley 4 /10
  • Musonda 6 /10
  • Boga  -6/10
  • Hudson-Odoi - 6/10

Strikers - (x/10)

• Morata - (7/10)
  • Batshuayi - (6/10)
  • Giroud - (6/10)

Other

• Conte - (7/10)
  • Board - (2/10)

I'm using 6 as my performed adequately , not well, not poor , just OK/Average

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And, Mark, I think that you've pretty much nailed it.  Maybe a 7 for Hazard because he goes missing a fair bit more than I'd like, but apart from that, spot on. 

bert19   

I'd agree with most of that.  Except Fabregas.  I don't think his contribution warrants being anywhere near the number Kante has achieved.  

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Interesting overall. One that caught my attention though was Willian, and his 7/10 rating. Even by your rating method,  what leads you to this exactly? I ask because he had a dead set horrendous start to the season. While all his goals and assists have more or less come against the worst sides in the league - with his only goals and assist in the CL coming against Qarabag. As a senior player within the side, I can't help but feel he should be doing far better than he is. He hasn't stepped up in the big games or when we've needed someone. 

Edited by xCELERYx

paulw66   
Just now, xCELERYx said:

Interesting overall. One that caught my attention though was Willian, and his 7/10 rating. What leads you to this exactly? I ask because he had a dead set horrendous start to the season. While all his goals and assists have more or less come against the worst sides in the league - with his only goals and assist in the CL coming against Qarabag. As a senior player within the side, I can't help but feel he should be doing far better than he is.

He has been left out a lot though, TBF.

When he plays, he has had a positive impact IMO. Look how we collapsed when he went off at Arsenal in the LC

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Interesting overall. One that caught my attention though was Willian, and his 7/10 rating. Even by your rating method,  what leads you to this exactly? I ask because he had a dead set horrendous start to the season. While all his goals and assists have more or less come against the worst sides in the league - with his only goals and assist in the CL coming against Qarabag. As a senior player within the side, I can't help but feel he should be doing far better than he is. He hasn't stepped up in the big games or when we've needed someone. 

To be honest , I thought it was a bit mean when he hasn't really had that many starts , 7 out of 10 is just over average and I think he deserves it for the occasional glimpse of what he can do.

In fairness to us he should be at an 8 or 9 , he's capable of it.

You do know that there will be people demanding he and  Fabregas get a 10 don't you ?

xCELERYx   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He has been left out a lot though, TBF.

When he plays, he has had a positive impact IMO. Look how we collapsed when he went off at Arsenal in the LC

He's 13th in terms of minutes played this season - mind you this list includes 6 defenders (CB/WB's) and a GK. 

And he did absolutely nothing until November, when he finally got his first goals of the season in both the PL and CL.  I suppose I just hold greater expectations from a player who has now been here nearly 5 seasons and know can produce far more than he does.

xCELERYx   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

To be honest , I thought it was a bit mean when he hasn't really had that many starts , 7 out of 10 is just over average and I think he deserves it for the occasional glimpse of what he can do.

In fairness to us he should be at an 8 or 9 , he's capable of it.

You do know that there will be people demanding he and  Fabregas get a 10 don't you ?

He should definitely be higher, particularly as a senior player with talent. The fact that he's only been effective against sides like Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton and Qarabag isn't a good look. He did get the equaliser against Liverpool though, so I'll give him that. 

Oh, don't worry. Fabregas' rating had been one of the ones I had been curious to see how people judged. 

27 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

He should definitely be higher, particularly as a senior player with talent. The fact that he's only been effective against sides like Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton and Qarabag isn't a good look. He did get the equaliser against Liverpool though, so I'll give him that. 

Oh, don't worry. Fabregas' rating had been one of the ones I had been curious to see how people judged. 

The problem is , some people only have opinions about others opinions , so they won't join in .