• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx

Performance Review: Mid-season Edition

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  Team struggles - as predicted - and everyone takes the opportunity to dump their prediction and scapegoat their least favourite players or the manager.

Two words  Nemanja Matic .

43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Two words  Nemanja Matic .

= Change subject rapidly because you have nothing left to say.
Thanks for the admission.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

= Change subject rapidly because you have nothing left to say.
Thanks for the admission.

I think you should change your user name to Dory seeing as you keep forgetting what you've said whilst tripping yourself up in your haste  to take the moral high ground.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you should change your user name to Dory seeing as you keep forgetting what you've said whilst tripping yourself up in your haste  to take the moral high ground.

I think you should take that big sign off your hat that says "I've just lost so I'm going to moan about something else"

Still find the Matic thread where everyone posted their fond farewells, and write his mid-term performance review if you wish.  I promise I'll reply there if you do.

Edited by Droy was my hero

chara   

Courtois..I have commented at least twice in the last week or so regarding the lack of progress with TC.

I believe as it stands he is an average EPL keeper which is no insult but he seems to have reached a plateau  and doesn't seem to be able to take that extra step up that always shows in the real class keepers ie PC or any top top keeper in the past and present.

His failure in, my view as a modest keeper, is his inability to claim a through ball or loose ball in the area..the pen against Watford highlighted that..never going to get there as his timing was so out and in the end conceded a penalty without even giving an argument for the ball. The conceded goal when Dave got mixed up a while back should have seen him claiming the ball but instead a goal was conceded.

The ManC keeper at least is never found wanting in those tough situations and TC has failed to impress me with his courage..all keepers are by definition crazy but he needs to grow a pair of big ones.

Worth keeping? I always thought so but now not so sure..a good price? yep but depending on who replaced him..Willy is not the answer..if in doubt try looking at the comments about him the time he played in that farcical FA cup game against us when the MC kids and reserves turned out..I remember if no one else does!

Another hope that maybe was just that....

Holymoly   
55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't like the endless baiting of Droy however I do think this is really quite funny.

25 minutes ago, chara said:

Courtois..I have commented at least twice in the last week or so regarding the lack of progress with TC.

I believe as it stands he is an average EPL keeper which is no insult but he seems to have reached a plateau  and doesn't seem to be able to take that extra step up that always shows in the real class keepers ie PC or any top top keeper in the past and present.

His failure in, my view as a modest keeper, is his inability to claim a through ball or loose ball in the area..the pen against Watford highlighted that..never going to get there as his timing was so out and in the end conceded a penalty without even giving an argument for the ball. The conceded goal when Dave got mixed up a while back should have seen him claiming the ball but instead a goal was conceded.

The ManC keeper at least is never found wanting in those tough situations and TC has failed to impress me with his courage..all keepers are by definition crazy but he needs to grow a pair of big ones.

Worth keeping? I always thought so but now not so sure..a good price? yep but depending on who replaced him..Willy is not the answer..if in doubt try looking at the comments about him the time he played in that farcical FA cup game against us when the MC kids and reserves turned out..I remember if no one else does!

Another hope that maybe was just that....

I have to agree and coming from a keeper I think it holds more weight .

I think he's doing his best but missing his kids and in all honesty should be sold on to Madrid for everyone's sake.

Not certain about Joe Hart as a moored replacement mind you .

Rob B   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  Team struggles - as predicted - and everyone takes the opportunity to dump their prediction and scapegoat their least favourite players or the manager.

Wrong.

This is exactly what is says on the tin.  A mid-year review of individual performances so far.  A ‘taking stock’ exercise if you like. 

I haven’t read any scapegoats as yet, just personal reviews of how people rate the players half way through the season.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not.

Bakayoko has undeniably been poor, Morata has been very up & down, Moses has failed to create considering the positions he gets in,  whether you predicted it, expected it, defend it etc is completely irrelevant to the topic.  There has equally been lots of positives that people have commented on.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

This is exactly what is says on the tin.  A mid-year review of individual performances so far.  A ‘taking stock’ exercise if you like. 

I saw no tin.  I saw half a dozen threads hijacked by people wanting to vent at Conte, 3 or 4 more hijacked by people who wanted to vent at individual players, and now a thread started and continued by people who want to vent at a list of players.

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There has equally been lots of positives that people have commented on.

Not seen many - certainly not in your list of comments.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I saw half a dozen threads hijacked by people wanting to vent at Conte, 3 or 4 more hijacked by people who wanted to vent at individual players...... 

image_03.jpg

bird+on+sign.jpg

636005938368489888-1122020380_irony.jpg