• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Hull City 0

37 minutes ago, jones said:

I definitely don't think it is taking chance......It is not a risk. It is a pragmatic solution. And we will qualify for the next round.

Obviously. As I said, I disagree with you - let's wait and see what he actually does. 

jones   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Obviously. As I said, I disagree with you - let's wait and see what he actually does. 

Glad you are not manager then ;-)

He has now confirmed that both Ampadu and Palmieri is starting according to WAGNH. Hudson-Odoi likely to be involved too.

BlueFizz   

I see the point made earlier about the FA cup being our best chance of a trophy, and agree.

I think Conte knows this, and will feel he can adjust his lineups to match the quality of the opposition. E.g benching or resting Eden/Courtois against Hull is probably less risky than against Barca!

Personally, I do not want our captain on the pitch against Barca. Rudi, Chris and Azpi (capt) will do for me.

15 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I see the point made earlier about the FA cup being our best chance of a trophy, and agree.

A half decent team in the 6th round and we will seriously struggle.  To be played I gather on March 17 (instead of the Burnley game) which is just 3 days after the Barca 2nd leg away.

Only 2 trophys count IMO.  4th place in one and qualification for the other are the priorities.  Meanwhile, while we might have long odds of beating Barca now, if we do win, we'd get much shorter odds of winning the CL.  That really is the best we can do.

Out of interest - how many people were seriously upset when we lost the FA cup final last year?

Sea foot   

Losing in a final against the gooners? Of course I wes upset.

12 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Particularly when , yet again , we were robbed by the referee not spotting a handball punch to a player in an offside position.

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A half decent team in the 6th round and we will seriously struggle.  To be played I gather on March 17 (instead of the Burnley game) which is just 3 days after the Barca 2nd leg away.

Only 2 trophys count IMO.  4th place in one and qualification for the other are the priorities.  Meanwhile, while we might have long odds of beating Barca now, if we do win, we'd get much shorter odds of winning the CL.  That really is the best we can do.

Out of interest - how many people were seriously upset when we lost the FA cup final last year?

I was. Not every season you get the chance of the Double!

You might not rate the FA Cup, but whatever the competition (yes, even the League Cup) we should try our best to win it. Winning trophies builds confidence. Winning trophies regularly is even better. We might not win the league every year, but winning a trophy every year should be our aim... it shows a relentless hunger that can intimidate other teams. It can also be a factor when attempting to attract players. Money is all well and good, but players also want to win trophies. Given the relatively high turn-over of players in and out this season, there are plenty of players in the squad who haven't won anything with Chelsea. The FA Cup would be a nice start.

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Particularly when , yet again , we were robbed by the referee not spotting a handball punch to a player in an offside position.

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I was. Not every season you get the chance of the Double!

Fair enough.  I still think a 1 in 50 chance of a CL win is worth a 1 in 5 chance of an FA cup win.The only games I feel sad about losing are CL semis and and a final or maybe a Barca loss if it was the QF.
Bet fair has us roughly 40/1 and 6/1, so not that far from even my own break-even levels.

And I suspect only Conte is more focused on CL over FAC than I am.

Edited by Droy was my hero

12 hours ago, jones said:

Glad you are not manager then ;-)

Likewise, I'm sure.

12 hours ago, jones said:

He has now confirmed that both Ampadu and Palmieri is starting according to WAGNH. Hudson-Odoi likely to be involved too.

Has he? Well (again) I'll wait for the team announcement on TOCWS. 

jones   
3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Has he? Well (again) I'll wait for the team announcement on TOCWS. 

Source is Chelsea TV.