• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Hull City 0

6 minutes ago, jones said:

Source is Chelsea TV.

Mate, tbh I couldn't care less what the source is. I also couldn't really care less if it's spot on. But if it's alright with you, I'll wait for the official announcement, when it happens. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I was. Not every season you get the chance of the Double!

You might not rate the FA Cup, but whatever the competition (yes, even the League Cup) we should try our best to win it. Winning trophies builds confidence. Winning trophies regularly is even better. We might not win the league every year, but winning a trophy every year should be our aim... it shows a relentless hunger that can intimidate other teams. It can also be a factor when attempting to attract players. Money is all well and good, but players also want to win trophies. Given the relatively high turn-over of players in and out this season, there are plenty of players in the squad who haven't won anything with Chelsea. The FA Cup would be a nice start.

Bang on. Agree 100% there.

Sea foot   
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The only games I feel sad about losing are CL semis and and a final or maybe a Barca loss if it was the QF.

See, this is where we differ Droy. I feel gutted and sad every time we lose. I don't much care at the time whether it was the managers fault because of team selection or tactics, or whether players had a poor game, or even if we put out a "B" or "C" team in a "mickey mouse" game. A loss saddens me every time. I support this club and want to win every time that badge is on the field of battle. FFS I even used to watch and cheer on the Sauber team in F1 because our badge was on the car. No agenda. I just support Chelsea.

• Like 1

Conte has to rest players in this game and I don't see why he won't. Why risk key players for the Barcelona game against a struggling Championship side who will not be treating this as a priority? Hull will see this game as 'anything more than a defeat is a bonus' at this point.

I expect to see:

Caballero

Cahill Luiz Ampadu

Moses/Zappacosta* Drinkwater Bakayoko Emerson

Willian Giroud/Morata** Hudson-Odoi/Barkley***

Bench: Eduardo, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Hudson-Odoi/Barkley***, Pedro, Giroud/Morata**

* Depending who he sees facing Barca, personally I'd play Zappa vs Barca, but I think Conte will go the other way
** Same as above, depends who he see's playing Barca - I wouldn't be surprised to see them get 45 mins each as both needs some game time
*** If Barkley is fit to start, I think he will and if not Hudson-Odoi could get the start

That team is more than strong enough to beat Hull.

bert19   
13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I was. Not every season you get the chance of the Double!

You might not rate the FA Cup, but whatever the competition (yes, even the League Cup) we should try our best to win it. Winning trophies builds confidence. Winning trophies regularly is even better. We might not win the league every year, but winning a trophy every year should be our aim... it shows a relentless hunger that can intimidate other teams. It can also be a factor when attempting to attract players. Money is all well and good, but players also want to win trophies. Given the relatively high turn-over of players in and out this season, there are plenty of players in the squad who haven't won anything with Chelsea. The FA Cup would be a nice start.

I agree with you completely here.  Winning trophies is the most important thing.  There are a lot of teams and very few trophies.  Winning separates us from the rest. 

I'd also add that winning trophies keep managers in jobs.  If we'd won the Charity Shield and were in the League Cup final, I can well imagine Conte might be under less pressure than he is now.  

Losing to a poor Arsenal side is always crap.  Especially since we've made a habit of it lately and cost ourselves at least two trophies in the process. 

paulw66   
On 13/02/2018 at 8:48 AM, Michael Tucker said:

I know that I've said this before - but the FA Cup is the one cup we have some chance of winning. I doubt that Conte will chuck that away by playing the B-Teamers as a bulk lot. 

If he uses any players that are crucial for Tuesday, then he is a fool IMO. 

If we work backwards, his team for Barca could (using this as an example, not saying it will happen) be:

Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Hazard, Morata.......which means, Friday's team could be:

Willy, Ampadu, Luiz, Cahill, Emerson, Zappa, Drinkwater, Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Giroud.

Every single one of these "B teamers" is better than any Hull player by a mile, and has 330 international caps collectively. If that B team cannot beat Hull who wont have 3 of our players available, then what are they doing here?

Edited by paulw66

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I expect to see:

Cahill Luiz Ampadu

Dear god. That sends shivers down my spine. Can't have Dumb and Dumber in the same defense. Surely Azpilicueta instead of one of them.

bert19   
21 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Hull have 11 players out

Sounds lively.  Where did they go?