• Current Donation Goals

Jasonb   

The odds were difficult before and are harder now.

We need to score and we are now not just playing against one of the elite teams yet also playing against the one of the greatest stadiums with their influence on officials.  When 99k fans shout penalty it will take a strong ref to stand his ground. 

Of course we have done it before which gives us some hope.

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

I hope we see "the same" and you're right we have Morata that is a "lumbering" centre forward and we have Giroux that has been here five minutes so we don't know what he is.How can people think we are better off with a recognised centre forward when we have just got a good result and were the better team against probably the best team in the world?.

The only change I would make for the return leg is to replace hazard with Pedro in the false nine.

Yep, that could well be the right call Kev. That would play better to Hazard's strengths I think. He'd be better playing off a central striker, which is why I favoured the idea of Giroud.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

He played a suicidal ball it happens - judge him on his overall play.

I already have. He's the best CB I've seen since JT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I would be stunned if we get to minute 110 having used only 2 subs. It will be hard work out there just to stay in the game. Fresh legs will be key by minute 65 / 70 

Well I was kinda stunned Conte didn't put Giroud or Morata on in the 65/70 min. He really is not keen on subbing early is he? 

If we are level and playing well I can maybe see a couple of subs on during the 90 and perhaps another in ET. That other should be Caballero because he can be of far more use than anyone else at that point.

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

The odds were difficult before and are harder now.

I haven't checked the betting odds, but I bet we have shorter odds at the bookies to go through than we did before the first leg.
I accept that 1-1 is marginally favourable to Barca.

But nobody expected us to actually outplay them and have by far the better chances.  
That was really encouraging, and together with the team selection gives me real hope for the 2nd leg.

• Like 1

Leo91   

With Willian and Hazard on the pitch anything is possible. They can ghost past 1 or two players and be through on goal. Obviously Barca are favourites but no reason to be downhearted or worried. I'm glad in recent games we've been trying our luck from outside the box. Too often we've been scared to shoot.

kev61   

The thing that really gets my goat is within the club is we are singing from a  different hymn sheet. Reading between the lines the board are fed up with Conte and Conte is fed up with the board!.If we look at things logically Conte is the manager we have been looking for,for years.

Now let's sack him and bring in old father time Ancelloti.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The thing that really gets my goat is within the club is we are singing from a  different hymn sheet. Reading between the lines the board are fed up with Conte and Conte is fed up with the board!.If we look at things logically Conte is the manager we have been looking for,for years.

Now let's sack him and bring in old father time Ancelloti.

We just bought Conte 3 players.
He hasn't moaned about the tiny squad all season - although every one on this forum has and every journalist knows we are short.
Right now I imagine relations are better than they have been since May when the summer transfer plans would have been drawn up.

The only issue is that he is doing so well that a lot of big big clubs want him.  I don't see why either party would be upset by that.

kev61   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The only issue is that he is doing so well that a lot of big big clubs want him.  I don't see why either party would be upset by that.

What! If he is "doing so well" we should be upset because he might l go to another team and bring success to one of our rivals - maybe utd when they sack mourhino.

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

What! If he is "doing so well" we should be upset because he might l go to another team and bring success to one of our rivals - maybe utd when they sack mourhino.

Maybe we should ask Hazard to play not so well, and get Courtois to let in a few so that they don't get bid for by RM.

BTW I get the impression that JM isn't getting sacked this year.  sorry.