• Current Donation Goals

BlueFizz   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And if Barca are not a goal up after 60 mins, expect Suarez to try something very naughty - and get away with it.

If by any chance we draw or win at home, Saurez will do his naughty act persistently at the Camp Nou. I think it’s a UEFA rule:

”... any club starting a second leg at the Camp Nou with an advantage shall be subject to at least one unwarranted red card and, at the referee’s discretion, as many penalty decisions against them as are required to negate the aforementioned advantage.”

Edited by BlueFizz
  • Like 1

chara   
29 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

If by any chance we draw or win at home, Saurez will do his naughty act persistently at the Camp Nou. I think it’s a UEFA rule:

”... any club starting a second leg at the Camp Nou with an advantage shall be subject to at least one unwarranted red card and, at the referee’s discretion, as many penalty decisions against them as are required to negate the aforementioned advantage.”

That of course is a rewrite of the FA ruling that covers all Chelsea games and is part of the FA campaign to improve the game.

Nothing like ruling bodies protecting the Hazards of the game..except Eden of course...

1 hour ago, chara said:

That of course is a rewrite of the FA ruling that covers all Chelsea games and is part of the FA campaign to improve the game.

Nothing like ruling bodies protecting the Hazards of the game..except Eden of course...

No he's right - unlike the FA/PMGOL, the UEFA refs treat Chelsea just like any other club not named Barcelona.

It is not just that we regularly get shafted by refs when playing Barca.  Every club regularly gets shafted playing Barca.
The Frisk report to UEFA pretty much confirmed that Rijkaard nobbled him at h/t.

jones   

Despite someone calling them Europe's best team at the moment, I would argue this is the worst version of Barcelona we have faced in the Champions League since the year where Flo scored twice at Stamford Bridge. But on the other hand, it is probably the worst Chelsea side Barcelona has faced since that time too ...

Coutinho is cup tied. Their big investments in the summer, Semedo and Dembele have not been successes so far. Messi, Suarez and Iniesta are still world-class, but neither are having even close to career best seasons. Their defense is not something we should fear at all, had it not been for Busquets I would think we could put some real pressure on them. And it really is in central midfield where they will be killing us. The way Bakayoko has been playing of late is hugely concerning. The two man midfield with him and Kanté will be running around in circles against Iniesta, Rakitic and Busquets. 

The two selection questions are Cahill vs Rudiger and Fabregas (3-5-2) vs Pedro/Willian (3-4-3).

Courtois - Azpi Christensen Cahill - Moses Fabregas Kanté Bakayoko Alonso - Hazard Morata

Bench: Caballero, Rudiger, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Pedro, Willian, Giroud

It is crucial to stay compact, which we have been good at when going 3-5-2 against the top sides. We also need to be able to keep the ball, so Fabregas is needed. When we hit them on the break Bakayoko is a good option when he pushes forward like against Man U, and has been much better in a three than a two. Even if Rudiger is the better defender, it would be a shock to see the captain dropped for this one. 

Edited by jones

xCELERYx   
On 15/02/2018 at 1:08 AM, samhoward17 said:

Morata scored in both legs of their win over Dortmund in 2014/15 round of 16. This was a Dortmund side who had CL pedigree under Klopp although admittedly this was not the strongest version of that side. 

More importantly he scored in both legs of their semi-final win against holders Real Madrid. As mentioned above he did also get a consolation in the final loss to Barca to cap a pretty impressive CL campaign. 

And that right there is as good as it ever gotten with Morata. The hype that was created from these performances has essentially been the foundation that his entire career has been built on to date. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

And that right there is as good as it ever gotten with Morata. The hype that was created from these performances has essentially been the foundation that his entire career has been built on to date. 

Hopefully due another purple patch and his next career defining goals might coincide with our season defining games coming up. Actually think Giroud offers a very useful option in these games too whether chasing a game (more route one) or seeing out a game with his ball retention.

BlueFizz   
20 hours ago, jones said:

Courtois - Azpi Christensen Cahill - Moses Fabregas Kanté Bakayoko Alonso - Hazard Morata

With big love and huge respect for Gary Cahill, I think he'd have 'twisted blood' after about five minutes, get turned for their first and score their second with an out-stretched leg. He was immense in the 2012 road to Munich and victory - but five years on he's a lot slower, if no less brave.  Rudi, Christiansen, Azpi all day of the week for me.

Vinod   

This looks the right game to sacrifice numbers in defence to strengthen the midfield. 

Courtois

Rudiger - Christensen - Cahill - Azpi

Drinkwater - Kante

Pedro - Cesc - Hazard

Morata

Subs : Willy, Alonso, Moses, Bakayoko, Willian, Hudson Odoi, Giroud

What Conte will go with is

Courtois 

Moses - Azpi - Christensen - Cahill - Alonso

Cesc - Kante

Pedro/ Willian - Morata - Hazard

We will be swamped in midfield. No one will have a clue as to whom to track or where to look. I'd be happy if we keep it to a draw.

Ivent seen much of Barca latwly. Do they still pass the ball around in area outside the box? If that is the case, then I'd want 5 in midfield and 4 in defence.

jones   
3 hours ago, Vinod said:

This looks the right game to sacrifice numbers in defence to strengthen the midfield. 

Courtois

Rudiger - Christensen - Cahill - Azpi

Drinkwater - Kante

Pedro - Cesc - Hazard

Morata

Subs : Willy, Alonso, Moses, Bakayoko, Willian, Hudson Odoi, Giroud

To expect us to move from a back five to a back four for the first time in 1.5 years, in the most important game of the season ... I don't know, mate ;-)

PLAY PLAYERS IN FORM

Willy

azpi Christensen Rudiger

zappacosta  cante Drinkwater Alonso

willian Giroud. Hazard

but he will play Courtois,Cahill ,Moses,Bakayoko and Morata

Edited by Never happy