• Current Donation Goals

On 2/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, Michael Tucker said:

And given the way JM sets his teams up, is perfectly understandable.  He basically plays negative football - but if he wins things, then I doubt that that'll matter too much.

JM plays negative football with very positive players.
Conte plays negative football with negative players.

That is the core difference.  And as we discovered with both, for some fans winning is all that counts.  For other winning just covers up the complaints until the first opportunity to have a go.  But somehow I doubt it is about the football style.

Vinod   
10 hours ago, kev61 said:

I still think Conte's selections and tactics have been sending out a message to the board and RA .

Can't it be something as simple as motivation and fatigue levels? For what it's worth I don't think the tactics were any different from usual. The only change was the alternating between high press medium block. Our go to plan was to build up attacks from the back. What made the difference was that this was Champions League KO and Barcelona. Not PL and Bournemouth. The world was watching and the boys needed to put up a show if they were to be taken seriously. And they did. I'm very confident we will see something similar today. Fingers crossed.

kev61   
9 hours ago, Vinod said:

Can't it be something as simple as motivation and fatigue levels? For what it's worth I don't think the tactics were any different from usual. The only change was the alternating between high press medium block. Our go to plan was to build up attacks from the back. What made the difference was that this was Champions League KO and Barcelona. Not PL and Bournemouth. The world was watching and the boys needed to put up a show if they were to be taken seriously. And they did. I'm very confident we will see something similar today. Fingers crossed.

What say you now mate ?- we turned up in style and died a death because of Conte's idiosyncratic methods.

Vinod   
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

What say you now mate ?- we turned up in style and died a death because of Conte's idiosyncratic methods.

We will get better under Conte. He is doing too much of a balancing act with the squad. He will learn.

Vinod   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just can't see him lasting long enough for it to matter either way, tbh.

Would be a shame if he were sacked.

paulw66   
On 14/03/2018 at 9:10 PM, Lump Of Celery said:

Courtois disgrace. Single handedly cost us this tie

Grow up. He made one mistake, so did several others. 

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Grow up. He made one mistake, so did several others. 

No he didn't , he made loads , the first he was beaten at his near post and through his legs , the second he flapped at it because yet again the ball heading towards his goal caught him by surprise and the third he was done again by a nutmeg.  He's a bang average keeper with a superiority complex and imho isn't really bothered anymore , waiting to see out his ticket and looking forward to the World cup with his mate the invisible man.