• Current Donation Goals

So this should be the squad:

Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Rüdiger

Zappacosta, Moses, Alonso, Emerson, Sterling

Kanté, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Scott

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi

Morata, Giroud

Suddenly there are decisions to make! Cahill vs. Rüdiger, Zappacosta vs. Moses, Drinkwater vs. Fabregas, Willian vs. Pedro and Morata vs. Giroud. As many people have said, I'd also make Courtois vs. Caballero a big decision, but I don't think it is for Conte. Bakayoko, Luis and Barkley are out whilst Ampadu is ineligible.

What I think we'll see (not my preference):

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Cahill

Moses Drinkwater Kanté Alonso

Willian Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Rüdiger, Zappacosta, Emerson, Fabregas, Pedro, Morata

Here's a few things that should but won't happen with Tuesdays team sheet.

Caballero should replace Courtois

We should find a formation that means Fabragas is included

Willian should start... full stop

Giroud should be picked ahead of Morata

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Here's a few things that should but won't happen with Tuesdays team sheet.

Caballero should replace Courtois

We should find a formation that means Fabragas is included

Willian should start... full stop

Giroud should be picked ahead of Morata

Pedro Willian and Fabregas should all start.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pedro Willian and Fabregas should all start.

How can you play all three of them..where will Hazard play?

4 minutes ago, Never happy said:

As CF or we go back to the 4231 which we were pretty good at too.

It is interesting.  Pretty much every game, 2 out of Fabregas, Willian, Pedro, Hazard and Morata have not started.  
It might have been uber cautious Conte, it might have been just madness.  But I like to hope that it was because he was saving them up for the key part of the season which begins now.  Key matches and a mid-week break pretty much every other week from now on.

52 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Kante-Fabregas 

Pedro-Hazard-Willian

Morata/Giroud

• Like 1

Courtois will start, no doubt about that. I think they decisions Conte has to make are Moses or Zappa, Rudiger or Cahill, Pedro or Willian and Giroud or Morata.

Moses or Zappa is a tricky one, neither has done enough recently to walk straight in to the side and arguably Zappa has yet to do enough to take the starting birth from Moses, so Moses will likely win this battle.

Rudiger or Cahill... Can you drop your club captain for the biggest game of the season so far? Yes, yes you can and for me Conte needs to pick Rudiger ahead of Cahill. Rudiger has a decent amount of experience, so that is not an issue and has really started to become a top player for us in the last couple of months and based on form and overall talent, should be starting this one, he is full of confidence and I think Azpilicueta only gets better with the responsibility of the armband.

Pedro or Willian is tricky, If you base it purely on last night, Willian has to play, but Conte won't base it purely on one game against Hull... tricky one to call this, but for me Willian should start and be replaced by Pedro in the second half. I wouldn't be too shocked if it goes the other way though and Pedro starts.

Giroud or Morata... Giroud for me, hands down at the moment. Completely see why Conte wanted a target man like him, it really allows our AMs/Creative players to flourish and Giroud creates space for them and brings them in to the game etc. I think Conte rested Morata for the last few weeks with this game in mind and probably expected him to play, however I would guess he has now had his mind changed.

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger

Moses - Fabregas - Kante - Alonso

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Morata

Personally, I'd have Hudson-Odoi on the bench as the 7th man, partly because it's a great reward for his progress this season and a great experience for him, but also every time he's come on this season he has come on and performed without fear and looks to drive forward and beat his man... should we be a couple of goals down with 15 mins or so to go (I hope and I'm sure we won't be) he could be a decent option off the bench as a wild card, someone willing to take a risk and someone Barcelona won't have really prepared for.

I think we'll do ok on Tuesday, obviously it won't be easy, but we're still a very good side, regardless of how 2018 has gone for us so far. If our big players turn up and all 14 men work hard, I see no reason why we can't take a draw in to the second leg... or even a slim lead.

COME ON CHELSEA! I love these big european nights, it's been a while.

27 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Kante-Fabregas 

Pedro-Hazard-Willian

Morata/Giroud

I'd love to see that, personally I think that with a back 4 of Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Alonso is a really strong team, but no way Conte plays that formation and team for the first time against Barca.

Rob B   

Everyone predicting a 3-4-3 line up, which would be great, although I’m almost certain he’ll go 3-5-2 and pack the midfield:

Courtois; Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger;  Moses, Kante, Fab, Drinkwater, Alonso; Hazard, Morata;

Pedro and Willian on the bench along with Giroud. 

It’s not the team I’d pick but I’d be shocked if it isn’t this.