• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Round of 16 (First Leg) match against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 20th February, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Ham   

I'd settle for 3-0 to Chelsea. 

Vinod   

I fully expect everyone will finally come to their respective senses in this game. There will be proper defending and no pointless building from the back. Oh, and quick counters. 3-1 victory!

16 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I fully expect everyone will finally come to their respective senses in this game. There will be proper defending and no pointless building from the back. Oh, and quick counters. 3-1 victory!

I think it has been proved by countless lower league teams that we really don't know what to do if we can't build from the back.  
But I agree I'm sure anyone picked will be at his best.  Huge few weeks for Christensen, Alonso, Morata and Moses/the RB.  Nothing they have played in will have the importance of this.

(Morata I should say has played 2 big CL games, lost them both.  But he hasn't played Barca except for a few mins, and he has never played 2 big CL games in a season, let alone 2 within 3 weeks and with Man United and Man City in between).

Didn't Morata score in the final ? 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't Morata score in the final ? 

Sorry  rushed searching.  3 big games, lost them all.

Vinod   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it has been proved by countless lower league teams that we really don't know what to do if we can't build from the back.  
But I agree I'm sure anyone picked will be at his best.  Huge few weeks for Christensen, Alonso, Morata and Moses/the RB.  Nothing they have played in will have the importance of this.

(Morata I should say has played 2 big CL games, lost them both.  But he hasn't played Barca except for a few mins, and he has never played 2 big CL games in a season, let alone 2 within 3 weeks and with Man United and Man City in between).

I find it very hard to make up my mind on Morata. He seems to have everything in his locker except perseverance. He shows flashes of talent and then gives up way too easily. Torres and Sheva never had it in them when they joined us. Morata is different in that regard. 

Will we have Alonso fit? He will be crucial because Zappo at left back will a disaster. I'd rather put Dave out there instead of in our back three.

30 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Will we have Alonso fit? He will be crucial because Zappo at left back will a disaster. I'd rather put Dave out there instead of in our back three.

It was suggested that he'd be back for the Barca game, having had a knock to the ankle in training. I think he was due a rest anyway, and the knock meant he 'only' missed the West Brom game (looks like our new LB was always due to start his Chelsea career against Hull)

Vinod   
46 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

On the contrary it is critical Dave plays RCB. In our system the wingbacks track the opposition fullbacks. We need Azpi taking care of a winger and not a fullback.