• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

Winter Olympics

JaneB   

Not of great importance compared to our Chelsea, but I am so frustrated at the BBC coverage of the Winter Olympics.  I love watching all the different sports but all I get is talk, talk, talk.  Endless studio discussions and boring interviews, and constant sycophantic cheerleading of the British athletes, dumbing everything down and turning it into a soap opera.

The Clare Balding show as opposed to the Gabby Logan show.  Grrrrr......

Just show us some bl***y sport! 

Edited by JaneB

Sea foot   

That's why I watch it mostly on the red button. Clare Balding rubs me up the wrong way I'm afraid.

JaneB   
33 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

That's why I watch it mostly on the red button. Clare Balding rubs me up the wrong way I'm afraid.

Not difficult!

Much better idea, don't know why I haven't been doing that 🙄

Sciatika   

She is known as "the Sainted Clare" in our house. Generally, when she comes on, we turn off.

Sea foot   

They tend to show the whole (or at least most) of an event on the red button instead of cherry picking bits for us  to watch. Plus the explaining every rule to us dumb viewers annoys the f**k out of me.

Been enjoying it all the same.

Edited by Sea foot

JaneB   
40 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

She is known as "the Sainted Clare" in our house. Generally, when she comes on, we turn off.

I used to like Clare but not so much now.

JaneB   
40 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

They tend to show the whole (or at least most) of an event on the red button instead of cherry picking bits for us  to watch. Plus the explaining every rule to us dumb viewers annoys the f**k out of me.

Been enjoying it all the same.

Agreed on both counts.

I'm not a nasty person but they drove me so mad with their continuous building up of Elise Christie that I finally snapped and thought wouldn't it be hilarious if she fell over again......and then she did! 

(Hope she's ok)

19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Agreed on both counts.

I'm not a nasty person but they drove me so mad with their continuous building up of Elise Christie that I finally snapped and thought wouldn't it be hilarious if she fell over again......and then she did! 

(Hope she's ok)

Well, you can't say she isn't consistent !

JaneB   
11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, you can't say she isn't consistent !

Sadly not!

2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Have you ever noticed that you never see Clare Balding and Eddie Izzard together?