• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

Winter Olympics

JaneB   
23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Have you ever noticed that you never see Clare Balding and Eddie Izzard together?

You reckon?

Eddie Izzard and Clare Balding.jpg

• Haha 1

∧ ∧  They used the same cinematic trickery that allowed Tom Hardy to play both Kray twins in Legend 😉😉

Holymoly   

The winter olympics really just seemed a collection of stoners competing in a series of events which were a complete lottery as to whether you would even complete let alone win. I especially enjoyed MMA speed skating, surely the most idiotic sport to have a policy of no contact (unless you're the host country).

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

The winter olympics really just seemed a collection of stoners competing in a series of events which were a complete lottery as to whether you would even complete let alone win. I especially enjoyed MMA speed skating, surely the most idiotic sport to have a policy of no contact (unless you're the host country).

....or Elise Christie.

Shouldn't we now be having a special Winter Paralympics?  Where everyone who broke their leg on the Luge or Downhill gets to race again in a plaster cast.  

JaneB   
11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Is it over, yet?

Yes Michael!!

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Shouldn't we now be having a special Winter Paralympics?  Where everyone who broke their leg on the Luge or Downhill gets to race again in a plaster cast.  

We are, starts tomorrow.  Not sure it works like that though!

Not sure which TV guide it was, but for yesterday's program list, it had, at 8pm 'The Last Leg of the Paralympics'.

Now that made me chuckle.

Sea foot   

The last leg is a comedy chat show format that was initially started at the last Paralympics. It is hosted by a one legged Australian and a guy with arm and leg deformaties. The title is a play on words but is now a regular mainstream program. Been going for 4 years now.