• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 1

10 hours ago, Ham said:

And we all know that JM will be wearing his special gilet for this one. 

And half a dozen people will care.  Poor sods.  Deserve to be wound up.

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Would be very surprised if this happens, given the intensity of the Barca game. We'll likely see a few changes in some capacity, the most likely being one of Morata/Giroud returning to the starting eleven with Willian/Pedro dropping out.

We will have had 5 days rest on the back of a week off for most of the players including three days of no training. The next game isn't for another 7 days, 6 days until the one after that. We also have nearly a fully fit squad. For the first time pretty much all season fatigue probably doesn't need to be factored in over the next run of games and Antonio should be free to pick whoever he wants. I'm expecting us to start with a CF for this one though.

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

We will have had 5 days rest on the back of a week off for most of the players including three days of no training. The next game isn't for another 7 days, 6 days until the one after that. We also have nearly a fully fit squad. For the first time pretty much all season fatigue probably doesn't need to be factored in over the next run of games and Antonio should be free to pick whoever he wants. I'm expecting us to start with a CF for this one though.

Yes, this. Strongest possible XI, I.e. Tuesday's team but with Morata or Giroud instead of Pedro, for both the matches in Manchester. Then we should look to rest 5/6 key players for the home game against Palace before we go to Barcelona.

Utd played away one day after us, City have a match next Thursday at Arsenal whilst we have a clear midweek. Even Palace have less rest than us (we play Sunday, they play Monday). For once fatigue shouldn't be an issue and we should be able to see more of that long-missed pressing.

bert19   
6 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Yes, this. Strongest possible XI, I.e. Tuesday's team but with Morata or Giroud instead of Pedro, for both the matches in Manchester. Then we should look to rest 5/6 key players for the home game against Palace before we go to Barcelona.

Utd played away one day after us, City have a match next Thursday at Arsenal whilst we have a clear midweek. Even Palace have less rest than us (we play Sunday, they play Monday). For once fatigue shouldn't be an issue and we should be able to see more of that long-missed pressing.

Add that the schedule means we can easily rotate a couple of players at a time rather than make wholesale changes.  And we have Emerson coming closer to full fitness to cover for Alonso if needed and two strikers to choose from rather than none.  Presumably Barkley will be fit to play during the next week or two as well? 

33 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Add that the schedule means we can easily rotate a couple of players at a time rather than make wholesale changes.  And we have Emerson coming closer to full fitness to cover for Alonso if needed and two strikers to choose from rather than none.  Presumably Barkley will be fit to play during the next week or two as well? 

Only circumstances in which Barkley should come on in any of the coming games is if we are at least 3 up, barring maybe a cameo against Palace.

24 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Only circumstances in which Barkley should come on in any of the coming games is if we are at least 3 up, barring maybe a cameo against Palace.

Sad but true, as having another attacking midfield option would allow us to sustain the pressing game for longer.

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And half a dozen people will care.  Poor sods.  Deserve to be wound up.

It's ironic because you talk about people caring unnecessarily about trivial things and yet you bite at every negative mention of JM in any topic, at any time of the day or night.

🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Sad but true, as having another attacking midfield option would allow us to sustain the pressing game for longer.

I'm only writing him off for these crucial games, its just totally the wrong time to ease anyone in. Hopefully he can spend the time getting himself 100% fit to contribute after this period, although an injury or two could call him into action.

Vinod   
21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

In which case the man to drop on form is Hazard.  And I don't think that will happen.

Or we can drop a CB and make it a 4-2-3-1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

In which case the man to drop on form is Hazard.  And I don't think that will happen.

Don't think so. I think the only reason his contribution was minimal on Tuesday was that he was fielded in an unsuitable position. He needs to play off a striker and had we put Pedro as the false number 9 I think it would have proven more profitable. Either him or Giroud.