• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Big problems. Lose this and I think 5th place is done and dusted. Win and we have a genuine top 4 chance. I am expecting a loss unlike Barca and United though.. City are perfectly setup, like Tottenham, to exploit this current Chelsea team. United, Liverpool and Arsenal - not so much.

Vinod   

I firmly believe that with a fit and motivated first team, we can beat City at their very best. Unfortunately our squad strength (or lack of) has killed any hopes of a sustained run of victories. We now have the squad we should have started the season with. 

Now we have a tired squad with no hopes of winning the PL. Add a crocked striker who has less fight in him than a Bambi. I'd rather we played the kids and saved energy for Palace and Barca away.

kev61   

I firmly believed we could have beaten any team in Europe.We have a manager now that completely loses it for whatever reason I don't know.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I firmly believed we could have beaten any team in Europe.We have a manager now that completely loses it for whatever reason I don't know.

Errr I'm not buying what you're selling Kev, sorry. The players are a big part of the problem with their inconsistent natures and performances. If every one is switched on, we have the makings of a good side - not a great one, but a good one. The problem is the stars need to align for that to happen. We begun the season on the back foot and we've never been able to string a run of consistent performances or results together. We missed Hazard early in the season with his recovery from injury. Neither Pedro or Willian stepped up in that time and were largely horrid for the first quarter of the season - slowly improving but without consistency. At least Willian has recently managed to step up when needed with some really solid performances showcasing what he can do, but needs to do more often. We've had two of our three starting CB's from last season have a nose dive in form in Cahill and Luiz. While Christensen has stood up, he's still young and has looked a little less solid than previously of late. Our midfield has had issues all season; between injuries, suspensions and form, we've still not found what our best combination is that doesn't leave us exposed in some way shape or form. Then upfront we've had Morata showcase exactly what's plagued him as a player to the point where he's actually become a negative to have on the pitch.

Azpilicueta, Kante, Alonso (and Christensen to a degree), have arguably been the only consistent performers we've had across the season to date.

With that foundation of inconsistency set the other variables pile on top - a lack of players, not enough quality in certain positions, coaching mistakes (which all managers make), a lack of financial backing, the unrealistically raised expectations from last seasons success, etc

We're not creating an environment that is going to generate success and that has translated back on the pitch. Realistically, we're roughly about where we should be on the table all things considered. While it's not the ideal spot to be in, it's not one that should be solely pinned purely on Conte alone either. The players and other parties involved shouldn't be getting a free pass because ultimately, they're the ones who've disappointed the most overall.

• Like 1

We expect to lose this, so basically it's a free shot..

pick a side to attack them Conte!

be brave man!

coutouis,Azpi,Christensen,Cahill,Zappacosta,Kante,Luiz/Fabregas,Alonso,Willian,Giroud,Hazard

I find it ridiculous in the extreme , bordering on the biased, that the current Champions of England  are in the knock out stages of the Champions league whilst having to play our two biggest rivals for the trophy either side of the draw , the Premier League knew when the Champions League games were and have engineered it this way on purpose . How would they feel if Chelsea , United  and City all either fielded youth teams during "Super mega wow Sunday" or all got knocked out of the Champions league at the same stage?

It's a moronic decision .

paulw66   
20 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Big problems. Lose this and I think 5th place is done and dusted. 

Sorry, no.

We still have Spuds and Liverpool to play at home. Will be in our hands. 

After City, the run of games isn't too bad. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I find it ridiculous in the extreme , bordering on the biased, that the current Champions of England  are in the knock out stages of the Champions league whilst having to play our two biggest rivals for the trophy either side of the draw , the Premier League knew when the Champions League games were and have engineered it this way on purpose . How would they feel if Chelsea , United  and City all either fielded youth teams during "Super mega wow Sunday" or all got knocked out of the Champions league at the same stage?

It's a moronic decision .

Mark, it is random. Didn't you know that? :-)

Sciatika   

Would be happy with 0-0 at 75 minutes. Whatever we do, they must not be allowed to score. I would stick with five at the back and play two of the midfield deep to stifle people trying to play in the hole. I want Giroud up front to give us an out ball with Hazard. I would be happy to see Hazard to break a record by going for the corner flag before 5 minutes are complete. I would try to make the game so dire to watch, that Sky decides to show ice skating instead of the second half. It's not like it will make much of a difference at the ground. The Ethiad will be half empty as usual. Then I would stick on Willian as a #10 in the last 15 minutes and see if we can do smash and grab.

13 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, no.

We still have Spuds and Liverpool to play at home. Will be in our hands. 

After City, the run of games isn't too bad. 

5 points off with 9 games remaining if I am checking it correctly IF we go on to lose this one.

Dead and buried as far as I would be concerned.