• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

kev61   
21 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Errr I'm not buying what you're selling Kev, sorry. The players are a big part of the problem with their inconsistent natures and performances. If every one is switched on, we have the makings of a good side - not a great one, but a good one. The problem is the stars need to align for that to happen. We begun the season on the back foot and we've never been able to string a run of consistent performances or results together. We missed Hazard early in the season with his recovery from injury. Neither Pedro or Willian stepped up in that time and were largely horrid for the first quarter of the season - slowly improving but without consistency. At least Willian has recently managed to step up when needed with some really solid performances showcasing what he can do, but needs to do more often. We've had two of our three starting CB's from last season have a nose dive in form in Cahill and Luiz. While Christensen has stood up, he's still young and has looked a little less solid than previously of late. Our midfield has had issues all season; between injuries, suspensions and form, we've still not found what our best combination is that doesn't leave us exposed in some way shape or form. Then upfront we've had Morata showcase exactly what's plagued him as a player to the point where he's actually become a negative to have on the pitch.

Azpilicueta, Kante, Alonso (and Christensen to a degree), have arguably been the only consistent performers we've had across the season to date.

With that foundation of inconsistency set the other variables pile on top - a lack of players, not enough quality in certain positions, coaching mistakes (which all managers make), a lack of financial backing, the unrealistically raised expectations from last seasons success, etc

We're not creating an environment that is going to generate success and that has translated back on the pitch. Realistically, we're roughly about where we should be on the table all things considered. While it's not the ideal spot to be in, it's not one that should be solely pinned purely on Conte alone either. The players and other parties involved shouldn't be getting a free pass because ultimately, they're the ones who've disappointed the most overall.

Let's not over complicate things mate let's focus on the utd game.We were cruising and then players got tired  - Willian in particular worked his bollocks off,Morata looked like he was playing with stilettos on the whole game and the midfield(in particular Drinkwater) were non existent in the last half hour.

What does Conte do?he leaves on a player that was contributing nothing on the pitch and takes off a player that can score at any time and then brings Fabregas and Pedro on that should have started from the start IMO.

Conte is coaching/ managing like Mourhino at the moment.What in the hell happened to the Conte of last year!.

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, no.

We still have Spuds and Liverpool to play at home. Will be in our hands. 

After City, the run of games isn't too bad. 

ManUre have an interesting run in

The remaining fixtures in the battle for top 4 are:

Chelsea
Man City (a), Palace (h), Burnley (a), Spurs (h), West Ham (h), Southampton (a), Huddersfield (h), Swansea (a), Liverpool (a), Newcastle (h)

Spurs
Huddersfield (h), Bournemouth (a), Newcastle (h), Chelsea (a), Stoke (a), Man City (h), Brighton (a), Watford (h), West Brom (a), Leicester (h)

Liverpool
Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Watford (h), Palace (a), Everton (h), Bournemouth (h), West Brom (a), Stoke (h), Chelsea (a), Brighton (h)

Man Utd
Palace (a), Liverpool (h), West Ham (a), Swansea (h), Man City (a), West Brom (h), Bournemouth (a), Arsenal (h), Brighton (a), Watford (h)

My prediction for points in those games is as below:

Chelsea
0-3-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-3 - Total: 21

Spurs
3-3-3-1-3-0-3-3-3-3 - Total: 25

Liverpool
3-0-3-3-1-3-3-3-1-3 - Total: 23

Man Utd
3-3-3-3-0-3-3-1-3-3 - Total 25

If my predictions are right it leaves total points as:

Man Utd - 84
Liverpool - 80
Spurs - 80
Chelsea - 74

Now obviously my predictions aren't going to all be right, anything can happen in this league, but what it shows is based on my predictions which are I think quite fair, we need a swing of 6 points as it stands and so this game on Sunday is huge, if we gain 3 points, we only need a swing of 3 points and that is much more realistic and arguably puts it back in to our hands. A defeat on Sunday, means we likely need to beat Spurs and Liverpool and hope they drop points elsewhere.

But this is obviously all hypothetical , but does show we've arguably got the hardest run in and are in the weakest position currently.

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If my predictions are right it leaves total points as:

Man Utd - 84
Liverpool - 80
Spurs - 80
Chelsea - 74

I guess I'd be a little more optimistic than that.  Not least because Spurs under pressure are sure to fall apart.  The only time they have ever been in contention to win a title they collapsed and ended up a long way short with just 70 points (and Arsenal pipped them to 2nd).   Last year they pushed on, secure in the knowledge that at this stage they were 10 points behind the leaders, and 7 ahead of the 5th placed team.  This season will be more challenging.  Especially Ester Sunday.

But still I forecast 6th for the is season, we are doing better than I expected.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I guess I'd be a little more optimistic than that.  Not least because Spurs under pressure are sure to fall apart.  The only time they have ever been in contention to win a title they collapsed and ended up a long way short with just 70 points (and Arsenal pipped them to 2nd).   Last year they pushed on, secure in the knowledge that at this stage they were 10 points behind the leaders, and 7 ahead of the 5th placed team.  This season will be more challenging.  Especially Ester Sunday.

But still I forecast 6th for the is season, we are doing better than I expected.

I can's see Spurs bottling it this season, I'd argue the experiences you've mentioned will give them the motivation to make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's going to be tricky to get top 4 this season.

jones   

Comparing our first XI to City's (= means equal, > means slightly better, >> means significantly better)

Ederson = Courtois

Walker < Azpilicueta

Otamendi > Rudiger

Stones = Christensen

Delph = Alonso

Fernandinho = Kanté

- Back five + GK is very even one vs one. Main difference is how they as a unit are so much more cultivated and aligned - they are all good on the ball, quick and physical. There are no real weak links Whereas we have at least 1-2 of our unit that lack important abilities to play the modern game. What both defenses lack is leadership.

De Bruyne = Hazard

Silva > Fabregas

Sterling > Willian

Sane >> Moses

Aguero > Morata

- This is where the difference lies. Our best and most creative player equals theirs. But not only are the four other attacking options superior to ours, their attacking unit represents so much quality that in stead of compensating with an extra defender like we do (Moses) they don't have to defend as much. (Probably a little harsh on Willian, but in terms of goals and assists contribution over the last couple of years, the answer is pretty clear).

And this was only the first XI. When you start comparing the next 6-7 outfield players, the difference is even greater.

Edited by jones

Ham   
51 minutes ago, jones said:

Comparing our first XI to City's (= means equal, > means slightly better, >> means significantly better)

Ederson = Courtois

Walker < Azpilicueta

Otamendi > Rudiger

Stones = Christensen

Delph = Alonso

Fernandinho = Kanté

- Back five + GK is very even one vs one. Main difference is how they as a unit are so much more cultivated and aligned - they are all good on the ball, quick and physical. There are no real weak links Whereas we have at least 1-2 of our unit that lack important abilities to play the modern game. What both defenses lack is leadership.

De Bruyne = Hazard

Silva > Fabregas

Sterling > Willian

Sane >> Moses

Aguero > Morata

- This is where the difference lies. Our best and most creative player equals theirs. But not only are the four other attacking options superior to ours, their attacking unit represents so much quality that in stead of compensating with an extra defender like we do (Moses) they don't have to defend as much. (Probably a little harsh on Willian, but in terms of goals and assists contribution over the last couple of years, the answer is pretty clear).

And this was only the first XI. When you start comparing the next 6-7 outfield players, the difference is even greater.

Recent Willian is better than Raheem Wright- Phillips but otherwise I agree with all of this. 

1 hour ago, jones said:

No point quibbling about individuals - we all know where this team comparison ends up.  They spent buckets more on their team than we did.  I think that we beat them by a long way last season - 15 points - tells you more about City last 2 or 3 seasons than anything else.  

The real question for me is why on earth anyone would try to match City billion for billion in this contest.  To be honest I'm very happy with what my club is doing or at least trying to do.  Getting the best it can out of a great set of players while prices peak, and increasing the size of the stadium.  Sometimes we go 3 or 4 light on the player roster, which is extremely dumb, but that is the only error I see.  

Mancini 3 and a half years.  Pellegrini 3 years.  Neither would have lasted 6 months here.  I think that is greatly to Chelsea's credit.